Welcome!

Julie Flanagan

Welcome to MTC_Tuts! I look forward to sharing all about the new version of Make-The-Cut software (MTC) with you.
Please introduce yourself, and let us know what kinds of things you are doing with your MTC software, and what you would like to learn. I hope to be producing some written and video tutorials for you.

MTC has a new Beta version ready for download. If you are comfortable using the version 1.4, feel free to continue using it. However, I have found the new version to be much easier to use. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!

Julie, craftymusician@comcast.net
Flanagan Educational Services
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hybrid_Scrapbooking_PaperCrafting/
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

QP Levingston

Hi I am a stamper who uses MTC to make cards mostly. How do I get the beta version?

Julie Flanagan

Here is the link for the Beta Version of MTC 2.03
http://make-the-cut.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1548

Julie, craftymusician@...

From: QP
To: MTC_Tuts@...
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 8:46 PM

Hi I am a stamper who uses MTC to make cards mostly. How do I get the beta version?

Julie Flanagan

The most recent stable version of the MTC software is 1.4. The software has undergone major revisions, and the free update includes many great new features. However, the updates are not yet complete. The Beta version 2.03 has been released for those who would like to try the new features and report any issues. It helps software developers to have people with different hardware configurations to test it before its general release. Those who are not comfortable with unstable software versions may want to stay with MTC 1.4 until all of the testing is complete. Those who can't wait to try all the new bells and whistles can go ahead and download 2.03.

It is not a good idea to share files made using the Beta (test) version until the final version is released, because files created in the new software will not open for those using the older software versions.

I think you are really going to like the new software, because it is much easier to use. It operates more smoothly, and is more intuitive.

I just have a question - what is the beta version and does a person need it - confused about the 2 versions

HAVE A GOOD DAY
DIANA   : )

_

Linda DuBois <lindadb@...>

Julie,

Thanks for starting this group. With you doing the training, I am sure that we will learn lots. A question that I have is: I have the paid version with the lifetime upgrades. It sounds like the beta version my have some wonderful new features. If I download it, will I still have the 1.4 running also? Do we remove the old version?

Linda