silhouette driver

ruthanne2009

I have MTC and really only used it for designing,  I have a maker from cricut, which i do all the designing in make the cut and upload to design space. but now i am planning on a getting a cameo is there anyway to get the driver so i can use it with make the cut. i do have studio but i am still learning that. but for now i was hoping i can just get a driver for the cutter. does anyone have the driver they can share?
thanks Ruthanne

Julie Flanagan

Make The Cut only has the driver for the original Cameo, unfortunately. You can use SCAL5, though with any of the Cameo machines. SCAL5 has drivers for almost any cutter on the market. You can still design in Make The Cut if you like, then select all (Ctrl+A) then export as SVG (Ctrl+Shift+S), and you can import that into SCAL5 or to Sillhouette Studio DE or higher  for cutting . These SVG files will also work in other software as well.

Julie

Jeanette Block

I got a Cameo 4 a few months ago and I have found that MTC will cut to Cameo 4 but the design cuts in a slightly different place on the paper.  Normally I can adjust for this but if absolute precision is required I use SCAL5 to import my MTC file then cut from SCAL5 to the Cameo 4.

Julie Flanagan

Thanks for letting us know.

Julie

On 03/15/2021 12:37 PM Jeanette Block via groups.io <scrapbookernana@...> wrote:

I got a Cameo 4 a few months ago and I have found that MTC will cut to Cameo 4 but the design cuts in a slightly different place on the paper.  Normally I can adjust for this but if absolute precision is required I use SCAL5 to import my MTC file then cut from SCAL5 to the Cameo 4.

Liz Ackerman

Awesome, so glad that MTC and SCAL work together for you!