Printing, Print and Cut, Paper/Cardstock

Wendi Olmstead

Hi Everyone,
Now that I almost have my new printer I have more things I need to figure out.  So excited.
Does specific 12x12 cardstock and paper weight work best for printing your own designs?  Brands? Sources?  Smooth only?  Textured work?
I have not used my equipment for some time and not only feel rusty, there are also tons of things I have not explored yet.
Is it possible to print and cut with MTC and KNK Maxx?
The print and cut option I have with my CAir2 is not a full 12x12.  Not sure if there is a work around yet.
I am trying to get my ducks in a row to be ready to be productive when my child finally goes back to school in August.
Thanks in advance.  So glad this group is still around.
:-)Wendi
Off topic-I have not been paper crafting for some time because I was exploring other hobbies.  Tumblers and epoxy, polymer clay, and quilting.  So if anyone has questions about those topics you can email me directly.  Love to give back to members of this group if I can even if it's not about cutters.

Liz Ackerman

Hi Wendi

I have added my comments in your original email! Cheers! Good to see you post!

Liz

On 6/25/2021 9:41 AM, Wendi Olmstead wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Now that I almost have my new printer I have more things I need to figure out.  So excited.
Does specific 12x12 cardstock and paper weight work best for printing your own designs?  Brands? Sources?  Smooth only?  Textured work?
No!! I use all sorts of paper in my printers, including the watercolour paper you buy in art supply stores that students use for real watercolour painting, coated with an egg white primer. It works fabulously, you do not cut it to size, you tear it to size.

All the Stampin' Up Papers work. Michaels Recollections papers work. I loved, loved, loved Worldwin paper especially the CutMates...it had a texture on one side, printed beautifully, cut like butter. Experiment with what you have.

I have not used my equipment for some time and not only feel rusty, there are also tons of things I have not explored yet.

Is it possible to print and cut with MTC and KNK Maxx?
Absolutely!!!!!! The KNK Maxx and MTC combo is awesome, its a manual process but I totally love my Maxx, check out the manual here:

https://www.iloveknk.com/0um/Maxx-with-MTC/Maxx-GrooveE-with-MTC.pdf

If you have the Maxx Air, here is it's link: https://www.iloveknk.com/0um/MaxxAir-with-SCAL/MaxxAir-with-SCAL-UM.pdf

Hope that helps, post back when you have specific questions on your Maxx, including any set up issues, or if you need the MTC Plugin.