From: "Brenda Bonkowski"
To: "mtc tuts"
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:59:46 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: RE: [MTC_Tuts] Cutting Paulo's files

I have LOTS of DCWV paper.  I'm a sucker for a sale!  I didn't think it would work well for Paulo's files tho.  I've never used Bazzil paper.  Have you cut much with coredinations paper?  I have quite a bit of that now, as Joanns is now carrying it, and sometimes have 5 sheets for a $1 (I think today maybe), but haven't cut with it yet.  I was guessing that slow speed would be better with his files.  I bet some of them take forever to cut.  Is weeding very hard? I never thought about storing paper in a ziplock bag, but I remember from before that you had said paper could change with exposure to moisture.  I haven't seen Worldwin paper anywhere.  We have a new owner at our LSS, and she is updating the stock they carry.  Maybe I'll suggest she get some.  There are a few women that come to the crops that have cricuts.  They have a wide range of paper, but it is frequently a dollar a sheet, so you don't want to buy much, then find out it doesn't cut well.  I bought a shiny silver paper once to cut a pegasus, and the top cut, but it had a white bottom that ripped in trying to get off mat.  Probably should have cut 2x.

Did you get to watch Andy's webinar?  I thought he covered the subject really well.  I had watched a gotowebinar for PSP the week before, and they had a person manning the questions on the chat board.  Andy was working alone, so he couldn't read questions and do the lesson at the same time.  Have you decided if you will be doing a webinar?  Will you be covering other cutters, or basic info too?

Thanx for the suggestions.

Brenda in WA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    MTC_Tuts-digest@...
    MTC_Tuts-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Brenda Bonkowski

I ended up staying with the webinar for 2 1/2 hours. A lot of the last things he covered were additions to the program almost ready to add, and longterm things he want to do. You can almost hear the wheels turning in his head while he is talking. He wants to be able to use lots of file types with MTC. I'm not sure what kind of graphics would be in cad? I think he is adding the scut/scut2 loader to the next version. He's still playing with node editting...he like's things pretty much perfect before releasing to the public. He opened up the next version, but I had trouble reading the small print to see what all he had on there.

As for doing the webinar. This is the second gotowebinar in 2 weeks that I've seen. The first was offered by Corel (PSP x3). It helps if you can have someone manning the chats, so they can pass on pertinent questions to the demonstrator. Andy was learning as he went. Originally he had planned on having mikes open so everyone could talk. With 160 people, that would have been a zoo, so he muted the mikes, and turned them on after most people had signed off. He also didn't know how to set the chat up so we could see each other's questions. This is a great way to learn things. I didn't know how to use the area delete function. I didn't think there was anything I could do within the program to clean up some of the files, but obviously there is more to do than I had thought.

Did you read the comments of all the women about Andy after the meeting let out. It was a riot. I bet Andy was red when he read some of them.

I would definitely like to come up and pick your brain. I could pick up some of the Worldwin papers then. I know you use the Funtime software...do you use others? I have so much software that I have no clue how to use. I just got Photoshop Elements with my new Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet. I also just ordered the Corel Draw something or other Suite..haven't taken out of box yet, just got it. There are various other programs I've gotten, and not used. I want to know which software would be best to work with the tablet and cleaning up files for MTC.

I'll email you later to see when would be good for you. I see you said you were available Monday, Tuesday and Friday for webinars, so would those be the best times for you.

I need to go see what is new on the forum.

Talk to you later,

Brenda

Linda DuBois <lindadb@...>

Julie,

I have to agree, the Webinar was wonderful. I was unable to attend but did watch it yesterday. I too wish that Andy would have re-started the recording in order for us to hear more. Central and west coast time zones certainly have the advantage. I was unable to run the webinar from my laptop, which is the computer that I have all my software installed on. I also am the the person that Design Studio has quit working on. My programer son said that a virus has probably gotten through, even though I run a full time program for virus protection. Anyway, I guess today, I will be getting everything on this computer re-installed. I am certain that he is correct because Live One did stop several viruses. I guess the problem is that it can corrupt just one thing, and cause others not to work correctly.

You mentioned if you come up for a day of cutting fun, where do you live if you don't mind my asking. It sounds like you have a scrapbooking shop. I guess I am showing my ignorance. I am a member of Scrap Savvy, and I know that you design for them. Wonderful files, by the way.

I have only managed to get through the cupcake wrapper but didn't post yet, so I do have some catching up to do. Maybe after my computer is running at full speed again, I will get caught up. Tuesday, I have my first cataract surgery, so I might even be able to see better.

Thanks for all you do for us.

Linda