Topics

Opening SVGs from Pop Up Card studio into design space

christine prato

Hi,
I am TRYING to open designs I have in pop up card studio into design space and all I get is a black shape with a few little white spaces.  Not sure how to do this.
I have attached 2 photos -- one is the design in PCS and the other is what shows up in design space.  I no longer have my Black cat cougar cutter so I am kind of stuck.
Thanks,
Chris

Wendi Olmstead

That is strange.  I am just now having the same issue.  I put it in MTC and it opened fine.  Then saved it as an SVG and Cricut opened it fine as a cut file.
:-)Wendi
On 06/26/2020 9:06 AM christine prato <chrisrn44@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am TRYING to open designs I have in pop up card studio into design space and all I get is a black shape with a few little white spaces.  Not sure how to do this.
I have attached 2 photos -- one is the design in PCS and the other is what shows up in design space.  I no longer have my Black cat cougar cutter so I am kind of stuck.
Thanks,
Chris

christine prato

Wendi,
Did you save a Pop Up design?  I can get the MTC svg's into DS but not the pop up ones.  I am beyond frustrated. 
What cutter is compatible now with MTC and PCS?
Chris

christine prato

You put a pop up design into MTC?  I saved them as svgs but it doesn't work in design space.
Chris

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 12:21 PM Wendi Olmstead <wendiolmstead@...> wrote:
That is strange.  I am just now having the same issue.  I put it in MTC and it opened fine.  Then saved it as an SVG and Cricut opened it fine as a cut file.
:-)Wendi
On 06/26/2020 9:06 AM christine prato <chrisrn44@...> wrote:

Hi,
Thanks,
Chris

--
 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

dusty dusty

It may help if you change the fill files to a lighter color first before putting it into Design Space.  Also I found that most of the time I have to recreate the score lines Here is a youtube that may help you putting in new score lines.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yyYA8eUWU \ I am just learniing how to put files into Design Space so i am not sure if this will help yoiu.  I love Cricuts cutters but there software sucks.