New Video Tutorial on Converting an image to

Gerrie DeDakis

It seemed like "old times" listening and learning from you.  I have a happy day and something to tackle.  I am a happy 82 year old.  Thanks, Julie.  Merry Christmas!
Gerrie

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:52 PM, christine prato
<chrisrn44@...> wrote:
Julie,
I cannot even BEGIN to thank you enough!!!!  I would never have figured this out.
Thanks again and God Bless.
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Chris

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:52 PM Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:
I posted a new video on my YouTube Channel on how to create a cutting file from an image. You can see it here
I used an image from Creative Fabrica.

Thanks for watching!

Julie

--
 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Julie Flanagan

Thanks for the nice note.

I am willing to make more videos, if there are still topics of interest that have not been covered in previous recordings. You can always browse my YouTube channel playlists. I extracted my demos from the weekly MTC webinars and posted them on youtube, and made playlists covering different main topics to make it easier to find what you are looking for. If you cannot find what you are looking for, let me know. 

There are some Excel spreadsheets that include outlines of all topics covered in the Webinars, posted in this group's Files section, that you can search for particular information. One sheet for each of 3 years worth of weekly webinars that usually lasted about 2 hours each. 

I just uploaded the spreadsheets. You should receive notification of the new files added. Click on the link to download the spreadsheets. Look for the MTC-WebinarIndex files here:  https://mtc-tuts.groups.io/g/main/files/10_Webinar%20Notes

The final webinar was in April of 2016. The 2016 webinar topics were never added to a spreadsheet, I think because nobody made notes for those. But links to those recordings are posted at the Make The Cut Forum here.  https://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/17938/webinar-recordings-on-vimeo-updated-2016-04-27

We had a great group of volunteers who helped hundreds of people learn to use the Make The Cut software. Andy continues to pay for the storage place for all of those weekly webinar recordings from 2010-2016. They are FREE to view. You can download them also for free. 42 Webinars in 2010-2011 you have to download to view. From 2013-2015 the approximately 156 webinars were posted on Vimeo and there were  17 in 2016. You can still view these on your Smart TV, tablet, etc. via Roku on Vimeo. That is over 400 hours of free learning for anyone who would like to take on the challenge. Watch a little each week to learn some valuable design skills for creating your own SVG cutting files. 

All webinar recordings covered the most recent version of Make The Cut 4.6.2 since March 2013. Earlier webinars covered earlier versions of Make The Cut.

Sorry about the looonnnngggg post. But we have a lot of new people here who are unaware of the wealth of information available for FREE in this group's Files section.

Julie

On December 3, 2019 at 10:03 AM "Gerrie DeDakis via Groups.Io" <gerriepvd@...> wrote:

It seemed like "old times" listening and learning from you.  I have a happy day and something to tackle.  I am a happy 82 year old.  Thanks, Julie.  Merry Christmas!Gerrie

<chrisrn44@...> wrote:
Julie,
I cannot even BEGIN to thank you enough!!!!  I would never have figured this out.
Chris

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:52 PM Julie Flanagan < craftymusician@...> wrote:
I posted a new video on my YouTube Channel on how to create a cutting file from an image. You can see it here

Thanks for watching!

Julie

--
 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Diane Bove

Thanks Julie for this wealth of information, I’ll save this email so I can refer back to where and how. 
May I ask an additional question?  I bought SCAL5 on a Black Friday special, I hated to do it but MTC crashes constantly with my new PC and Windows 10. I still hope to use MTC for all the things I can’t get from SCAL and for working on smaller files. 
My question is, can I run MTC and SCAL5 with my Zing without doing any install, uninstalls?  Can I just have both programs installed and decide what program I want to use and just bring in the SVG to work with?  
Thanks,
~Diane

On Dec 3, 2019, at 7:23 PM, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

I am willing to make more videos, if there are still topics of interest that have not been covered in previous recordings. You can always browse my YouTube channel playlists. I extracted my demos from the weekly MTC webinars and posted them on youtube, and made playlists covering different main topics to make it easier to find what you are looking for. If you cannot find what you are looking for, let me know. 

There are some Excel spreadsheets that include outlines of all topics covered in the Webinars, posted in this group's Files section, that you can search for particular information. One sheet for each of 3 years worth of weekly webinars that usually lasted about 2 hours each. 

I just uploaded the spreadsheets. You should receive notification of the new files added. Click on the link to download the spreadsheets. Look for the MTC-WebinarIndex files here:  https://mtc-tuts.groups.io/g/main/files/10_Webinar%20Notes

The final webinar was in April of 2016. The 2016 webinar topics were never added to a spreadsheet, I think because nobody made notes for those. But links to those recordings are posted at the Make The Cut Forum here.  https://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/17938/webinar-recordings-on-vimeo-updated-2016-04-27

We had a great group of volunteers who helped hundreds of people learn to use the Make The Cut software. Andy continues to pay for the storage place for all of those weekly webinar recordings from 2010-2016. They are FREE to view. You can download them also for free. 42 Webinars in 2010-2011 you have to download to view. From 2013-2015 the approximately 156 webinars were posted on Vimeo and there were  17 in 2016. You can still view these on your Smart TV, tablet, etc. via Roku on Vimeo. That is over 400 hours of free learning for anyone who would like to take on the challenge. Watch a little each week to learn some valuable design skills for creating your own SVG cutting files. 

All webinar recordings covered the most recent version of Make The Cut 4.6.2 since March 2013. Earlier webinars covered earlier versions of Make The Cut.

Sorry about the looonnnngggg post. But we have a lot of new people here who are unaware of the wealth of information available for FREE in this group's Files section.

Julie

On December 3, 2019 at 10:03 AM "Gerrie DeDakis via Groups.Io" <gerriepvd@...> wrote:

It seemed like "old times" listening and learning from you.  I have a happy day and something to tackle.  I am a happy 82 year old.  Thanks, Julie.  Merry Christmas!Gerrie

<chrisrn44@...> wrote:
Julie,
Chris

Thanks for watching!

Julie

--

Liz Ackerman

You can run both programs at the same time, with even the same SVG open, without having any issues. There would never be a requirement to uninstall anything.

If you save in one program, it will not of course be reflected in the second. Some people have more than one cutter, and they run both programs simultaneously to different cutters, and I do believe that someone mentioned sending cut jobs from both to the same cutter, not at the same time of course, but back and forth. But I have not personally tested that.

In regards to MTC crashing, one reason it may do that is that you have a bad or corrupt font. So if you were working with text and experienced the crashing, I would check there first. I have been running Windows 10 and MTC successfully for a very long time, as well as many other users, and we do not experience crashing.

The crashing could also be related to not having a totally Windows 10 compatible video card, or the video card is not running genuine OEM drivers for it. It may be using generic Windows drivers.

When there is crashing, there is always a reason, and in my 30 years of computer support experience, there is typically always a solution!!

HTH

Liz

Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:00 PM
To: main@mtc-tuts.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MTC-Tuts] New Video Tutorial on Converting an image to

Thanks Julie for this wealth of information, I’ll save this email so I can refer back to where and how. 
May I ask an additional question?  I bought SCAL5 on a Black Friday special, I hated to do it but MTC crashes constantly with my new PC and Windows 10. I still hope to use MTC for all the things I can’t get from SCAL and for working on smaller files.
My question is, can I run MTC and SCAL5 with my Zing without doing any install, uninstalls?  Can I just have both programs installed and decide what program I want to use and just bring in the SVG to work with? 
Thanks,
~Diane

Julie

<chrisrn44@...> wrote:
Julie,
Chris

Thanks for watching!

Julie

--
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Julie Flanagan

SCAL5 is a great tool to have in our creative toolbox. You can have both SCAL5 and MTC on the same computer and running at the same time. Just beware of the number of programs you have open, and how long your computer has been on. If you experience your software shutting down, the usual cause is running out of system resources. 

In Make The Cut make sure that you go into the Help Menu>Advanced>Advanced settings, and set an Undo Redo buffer size of about 50. That frees up a lot of memory for other functions. Also make sure you are not running virus scanners and Internet while trying to do memory intensive processes.

Julie

On December 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM Diane Bove <1cardcreator@...> wrote:

May I ask an additional question?  I bought SCAL5 on a Black Friday special, I hated to do it but MTC crashes constantly with my new PC and Windows 10. I still hope to use MTC for all the things I can’t get from SCAL and for working on smaller files. 
My question is, can I run MTC and SCAL5 with my Zing without doing any install, uninstalls?  Can I just have both programs installed and decide what program I want to use and just bring in the SVG to work with?  
Thanks,
~Diane

Julie

<chrisrn44@...> wrote:
Julie,
Chris

Thanks for watching!

Julie

--

Diane Bove

Thanks Liz, 
My son helped me choose this computer specifically for MTC and Craft Artist. I keep all my files on an external drive. This is what I have. 

Description

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51-78NP Gaming Laptop comes with these high level specs: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 4.1GHz (9MB Smart cache), Windows 10 Home, 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness, 16:9 aspect ratio, 72% NTSC, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Secure Digital (SD) card reader, Optimized Dolby Audio Premium sound enhancement, Acer True Harmony Plus Technology, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi which can deliver up to 1.73Gbps throughput when using 160Mhz channels (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting Super High Dynamic Range (SHDR), 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) port (Gen 1 up to 5 Gbps), 1 - USB 3.0 port (featuring power-off charging), 2 - USB 2.0 ports, 1 - HDMI 2.0 with HDCP support, 4-cell Li-Ion Battery (3220 mAh), Up to 7-hours Battery Life, 5.51 lbs. | 2.5 kg (system unit only) (NH.Q3FAA.001).

Features & details

• 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.1GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
  • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
  • 16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM Memory & 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD | Extra empty accessible slot for 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD
  • Gigabit Wi-Fi |Backlit Keyboard | USB 3.1 (Type C) | Dual All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan Cooling | Metal Chassis.Battery Capacity:3320 mAh
  • Up to 7-hours of battery life

It never made my 20 year old desktop crash, the desktop just died. It was pieced together with sons leftover parts when he did upgrades to his own, a real relic but so reliable. 
~Diane

On Dec 3, 2019, at 8:25 PM, Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

You can run both programs at the same time, with even the same SVG open, without having any issues. There would never be a requirement to uninstall anything.

If you save in one program, it will not of course be reflected in the second. Some people have more than one cutter, and they run both programs simultaneously to different cutters, and I do believe that someone mentioned sending cut jobs from both to the same cutter, not at the same time of course, but back and forth. But I have not personally tested that.

In regards to MTC crashing, one reason it may do that is that you have a bad or corrupt font. So if you were working with text and experienced the crashing, I would check there first. I have been running Windows 10 and MTC successfully for a very long time, as well as many other users, and we do not experience crashing.

The crashing could also be related to not having a totally Windows 10 compatible video card, or the video card is not running genuine OEM drivers for it. It may be using generic Windows drivers.

When there is crashing, there is always a reason, and in my 30 years of computer support experience, there is typically always a solution!!

HTH

Liz
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:00 PM
To: main@mtc-tuts.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MTC-Tuts] New Video Tutorial on Converting an image to

May I ask an additional question?  I bought SCAL5 on a Black Friday special, I hated to do it but MTC crashes constantly with my new PC and Windows 10. I still hope to use MTC for all the things I can’t get from SCAL and for working on smaller files.
My question is, can I run MTC and SCAL5 with my Zing without doing any install, uninstalls?  Can I just have both programs installed and decide what program I want to use and just bring in the SVG to work with? 
Thanks,
~Diane

Julie

<chrisrn44@...> wrote:
Julie,
Chris

Thanks for watching!

Julie

--
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16