MTC Using Windows 11

D Butts

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

Julie Flanagan

I am using Windows 11 and MTC works fine for me.

Julie

On 03/09/2022 1:16 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

Liz Ackerman

As Julie mentioned in her email, yes it works fine.

I do not see that we will need to worry about whether Windows will support MTC UNTIL they move to a totally 64 bit system, wherein NO 32 bit programs will work. Then MTC will not work because it is a 32 bit program. This is what Apple did to the Macs....about almost 2 years ago.

Our days are numbered, however as soon as I would be aware of this, I would communicate it til the cows come home.

:)

Liz

On 3/9/2022 2:16 PM, D Butts wrote:
Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

D Butts

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about upgrading and wondered if MTC would work.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 1:57 PM Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:
I am using Windows 11 and MTC works fine for me.

Julie
On 03/09/2022 1:16 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

Andy Cobb

Hi i was wondering if you can shed some light on my problem, i moved back to the uk last year so of cause my things wear all packed up. when i sorted my pc out l didn't have MaKE The Cut on it so I downloaded it, but it will not take my license  key, I have writen to the maker and sent in a ticket, do you know whats going on or help me please. Kind regards Deby Cobb

On Wednesday, 9 March 2022, 23:09:53 GMT, Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

As Julie mentioned in her email, yes it works fine.

I do not see that we will need to worry about whether Windows will support MTC UNTIL they move to a totally 64 bit system, wherein NO 32 bit programs will work. Then MTC will not work because it is a 32 bit program. This is what Apple did to the Macs....about almost 2 years ago.

Our days are numbered, however as soon as I would be aware of this, I would communicate it til the cows come home.

:)

Liz

On 3/9/2022 2:16 PM, D Butts wrote:
Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

D Butts

Pain in my heart.  What can MTC users do when this occurs?

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 3:10 PM Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

As Julie mentioned in her email, yes it works fine.

I do not see that we will need to worry about whether Windows will support MTC UNTIL they move to a totally 64 bit system, wherein NO 32 bit programs will work. Then MTC will not work because it is a 32 bit program. This is what Apple did to the Macs....about almost 2 years ago.

Our days are numbered, however as soon as I would be aware of this, I would communicate it til the cows come home.

:)

Liz

On 3/9/2022 2:16 PM, D Butts wrote:
Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

This was a common issue. The best result was achieved by copying the MTC registration key (starts with MTC then a whole bunch of characters) into a text editor like Notepad, then selecting it from there, copying and pasting into the field in MTC.

If that does not fix the issue, let me know, I can take you further.

Liz

On 3/10/2022 5:06 AM, Andy Cobb via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Goldie Holzer

I assume that when that does happen, we need to have an extra computer/tablet/whatever with an older version of Windows on it, correct?  If we want to keep using MTC?

I am using Windows 11 and MTC works fine for me.

Julie

On 03/09/2022 1:16 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

scrapn@att.net

I have both Windows 10 & 11
Absolutely no problems using MTC

Liz Ackerman

That is always a GREAT plan B!! Yes I would agree it is a good idea.

Liz

On 3/10/2022 9:52 AM, Goldie Holzer wrote:

I assume that when that does happen, we need to have an extra computer/tablet/whatever with an older version of Windows on it, correct?  If we want to keep using MTC?

I am using Windows 11 and MTC works fine for me.

Julie

On 03/09/2022 1:16 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

D Butts

Thanks for the info.

Another questions.  Silhouette Cameo 4 vs Cricut?  Would PREFER NOT to buy another Cricut because of what they did to the MTC developers.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 6:35 AM Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

That is always a GREAT plan B!! Yes I would agree it is a good idea.

Liz

On 3/10/2022 9:52 AM, Goldie Holzer wrote:

I assume that when that does happen, we need to have an extra computer/tablet/whatever with an older version of Windows on it, correct?  If we want to keep using MTC?

I am using Windows 11 and MTC works fine for me.

Julie

On 03/09/2022 1:16 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

I would strongly vote against Cricut because of these reasons:

- cloud based software, we hear almost daily how people are denied access to their cutters because the Cricut Design Space (DS) software will not even launch because they have messed up another update. The software is primitive at best. It is best to design in some other more featured software then export from that software as SVG and upload to DS for cutting.

- your designs are not your designs. Anything you upload for cutting are stored in the Cricut cloud, and you cannot export your work as SVG to share with anyone else. Again, suggested do all your design work in some other program to export as SVG for sharing or personal storing.

- Cricut wants to make everyone subscribe to their Cricut access...a place where you can "rent" images to use in DS to create with...but you cannot export those files out and you cannot share them.

- I feel that at some point I would not be surprised if Cricut cutters didn't work with any third party anything....like paper. I can't prove this is their plan, but it sure feels like that is the plan. Just look at their website as to what they sell.

Cameo cutters:

- they are still the most lightweight of cutters...mostly plastic

- they are still the noisiest, annoyingly, of cutters

- they do have good design software, but you have to pay for the version that lets you import or export SVG files

What I would recommend as something to consider:

- SOLO cutter, or Skycut cutter. The SOLO is a rebrand of the Skycut C series cutters. The Skycut is a new generation version of the KNK Force, which I have,. I also have a Skycut C and Skycut D cutter. The automatic print and cut cannot be beat, and since I really love print and cut, I am always so thrilled how it turns out. These cutters are robust, solid, fast and powerful. The D cutter is my favourite, it has a Dual Head (why it is called D series), while the C only has one head. All these cutters are supported in Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL5), and the SOLO can be used with a rebranded version of SCAL called CREATE.

For more info, please ask me!!

Liz

On 3/11/2022 6:52 PM, D Butts wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Another questions.  Silhouette Cameo 4 vs Cricut?  Would PREFER NOT to buy another Cricut because of what they did to the MTC developers.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 6:35 AM Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

That is always a GREAT plan B!! Yes I would agree it is a good idea.

Liz

On 3/10/2022 9:52 AM, Goldie Holzer wrote:

I assume that when that does happen, we need to have an extra computer/tablet/whatever with an older version of Windows on it, correct?  If we want to keep using MTC?

I am using Windows 11 and MTC works fine for me.

Julie

On 03/09/2022 1:16 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully used MTC with Windows 11?

D Butts

Thank you for the info.  Never heard of this brand.

Looked it up but didn't see how much do they cost.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 7:39 PM Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

[...]

I can also recommend Scan n Cut machines. I prefer them over Silhouette and Cricut.

Julie

On 03/11/2022 8:27 PM D Butts <djbinfo@...> wrote:

[...]

Pricing for C series Skycut:

https://plottergeeks.com/product/skycut-c-series-plotter/ - this one is slightly wider than the Zing

Pricing for D series Skycut:

https://plottergeeks.com/product/skycut-d24-dual-head-professional-series-plotter/ - this one is 24 inches wide!! Dual head.

Solo 16" inch (same as C series Skycut:

https://starcraftvinyl.com/starcraft-solo-16-cutting-machine.html - Create software included, which is a blended rebrand of Sure Cuts A Lot. Pricing may vary between affiliates.

Plottergeeks is Chad from KNK, his parents retired and did not wan to continue the KNK name, so he started his own thing.

HTH

Liz