Topics

MTC_Tuts Archives

Julie Flanagan

Thanks so much for those of you who have been able to contribute towards the MTC_Tuts Archives. Just a reminder to put the link I sent you in a special place so that in the event of a computer crash or new computer, etc, you can go back to my drop box and get the archives again. I just added some more surprise content, so if you downloaded the archived files in the past few days, be sure to go back again to get one more zipped file. Instructions for using it are included in the collection.

If you have not made a contribution, you may still do so.

Some have asked about the Popup Card Studio Tutorials archive. There are many zipped popup card designs that include SVG files available here: https://groups.io/g/PCS-Tuts/files/Shared%20Popup%20Files  These are free downloads. Last year 24 people contributed towards transferring the Shared Files from the PCS_Tuts Yahoo group to groups.io  I was able to archive all of the tutorials, photos, files, and shared files from that group and post the archive in my Drop Box. If you would like to download that PCS_Tuts Archive, you can send a contribution of any amount to me via paypal: julieflanagan @ juno . com (leave out the spaces), and I will send you the link for it.

I have been sending links to the email addresses provided by PayPal. If you need your archive sent to a different email address, please be sure to include that in a note when you make your contribution. Also let me know which archive you need: MTC_Tuts, MTC_Tuts Old, or PCS_Tuts.

The MTC_Tuts_Old archive includes tutorials created for versions of MTC prior to version 4.1.0.

Let me know if you have further questions about these archives.

Thanks again for your support!

Julie

Betsey Kirkland

Julie,

Have these files changed since last year?  I have a contact in paypal for 'Flanagan Educational Services" is that the correct link, or should I use
julieflanagan@... or julieflanagan1@...?

I want to send it to the correct address for you.

Also, do you know where I can get the settings for Inkscape so I can import the .svg files into Gazelle IV Funtime?  I've been using Inkscape for making 3D printing files and I must have changed something I shouldn't have.

Thanks,

Betsey

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 02:19:53 PM EDT, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

[...]

Margaret Mahony

Julie
Are these files only for MTC??
THANKS
Margaret

[...]

Sheree Sheets

Julie,

I’ve been trying to send you $$ but PayPal isn’t accepting your email. I’ve check and quadruple checked for errors in your email addy (I did remove the spaces), and my eyes are crossing!

Attached is a picture of what PayPal replied went I sent you the money. Please let me know what I’m doing wrong with your email address.

Sheree Sheets

On Oct 13, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

[...]

Don't forget the 1 after my name: julieflanagan1 @ juno . com  , and remove spaces after the 1, @, juno, .  and com.

There are many SVG files in these archives, as well as in the additional links to the Gallery files. The MTC files can be used in Make The Cut or in Sure Cuts A Lot 5.  SVG files can be used in most cutter software.

Most of the files are the same as last year. However, some additional links have been added for you to download files from the Galleries of MTC and PCS. I also added a surprise zipped collection that you should get that was included last year in the MTC_Tuts_Old Archive last year.

Send contributions to julieflanagan1@ juno. com  (remove the spaces)

SVG files from Inkscape should import into Gazelle IV Funtime. From Inkscape, Go to the File menu and select Save As, and select Plain SVG rather than the default Inkscape SVG. That worked for me. I did have to resize the design in Funtime, as the file came in quite small.

Julie

Apral Harrel

Are the files for the pop-up cards in SVG format?  That is the only format I can use because I have a Cricut Maker.

Thank you for making these files available.

Thanks,

Ran our of toilet paper and now using lettuce leaves.

Today was just the tip of the iceberg, tomorrow romaines to be seen.

APRAL

[...]

There are many popup card files included that are in SVG format. All of the linked Gallery files for PCS are in SVG format, so you should be able to use those as well.

Julie

On 10/13/2020 3:24 PM Apral Harrel <icrea8@...> wrote:

[...]

SVG files for many are included.

Julie

On 10/13/2020 12:43 PM Margaret Mahony <mimwc@...> wrote:

Julie
Are these files only for MTC??
THANKS
Margaret

[...]

Dee Kortan

Julie,

Thank you for all you do!

I don't do much crafting, I never really took advantage of all that MTC can do.  I'm just mainly do simple cuts.   I would like to still donate again, but I can't remember how?

I was wondering if you could explain why some of my MTC files will not let me change them to svgs?  I was able to do some, but not others.

Thank you again for all you do and have done.

Dee

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 01:19:55 PM CDT, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

[...]

I have never had an issue exporting my MTC files to SVG. There are many files shared by Dave in the MTC Gallery that had all of the images locked to keep all the pieces in place. These were mostly free coloring book pages that he filled in with colored pieces. There is a Gold Lock icon in the lower right corner of the MTC screen. Click on that and select Unlock All. Then you will be able to select all (Ctrl+A), and Export as SVG (Ctrl+Shift+S).

If there are pictures included in the file, some programs will not import those SVG files due to the picture.I love that Pazzles InVue software will import the SVG files that include pictures. But Cricut Design Space, Scan N Cut, and SCAL may not import them. In that case, I export the pictures separately, delete the pictures, then select the remainder of the design to export as SVG.

Julie

On 10/13/2020 4:41 PM Dee Kortan <deek@...> wrote:

[...]

To donate, go to Paypal, and send a payment to
[...]

Xsbum

Hi Julie-

Just wanted to let you know I sent a request to your other email to request julieflanagan@... for the PCS_tuts. Archive as well.

Thanks,
Jacki

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 11:19:53 AM PDT, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

[...]

Archive sent. Thanks!

Julie
julieflanagan1 @ juno.com

lukenessling@...

Hi Julie,

I got the correct email addy and sent a contribution.  I see you said archive sent but I did not receive anything.  Was it sent to correct email addy?  lukenessling@...

Thanks,
Kelly

On Oct 21, 2020, at 4:48 PM, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

Archive sent. Thanks!

Julie
julieflanagan1 @ juno.com

Julie Flanagan

I sent the link again for the archive to your gmail address.

Thanks,

Julie