How to still use MTC gallery within program

Jan Fox

Hi everyone, have found a way to still use the gallery from within MTC, just in a different way. First find the image you want. If not available to download, then click on image to enlarge and then simply clip or screenshot it. Copy and paste into pixel trace in normal way....done! I thought the program might also pick up the grid background, but that has not been the case in the ones I have tested. Quick, easy and don't have to leave the program to go searching for the image you want. As I am sure everyone knows, Sandy has very kindly saved most of the images for us all to access, which is much appreciated, but I find this method makes the process much more like how the program was designed to work in the first place. :-)

Hugz
Jan

Pamela Rezach

Such good news. I'm going to my computer as soon as I push the send button! Thanks!

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 2:57 PM, Jan Fox
<janfox54@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, have found a way to still use the gallery from within MTC, just in a different way. First find the image you want. If not available to download, then click on image to enlarge and then simply clip or screenshot it. Copy and paste into pixel trace in normal way....done! I thought the program might also pick up the grid background, but that has not been the case in the ones I have tested. Quick, easy and don't have to leave the program to go searching for the image you want. As I am sure everyone knows, Sandy has very kindly saved most of the images for us all to access, which is much appreciated, but I find this method makes the process much more like how the program was designed to work in the first place. :-)

Hugz
Jan

Jan Fox

Hope it works for you, It doesn"t work on every file, the simple ones where all pieces are shown on the mat work best. More detailed ones, those with heavy grid background or those with notes you will still need to get from archive.

<janfox54@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, have found a way to still use the gallery from within MTC, just in a different way. First find the image you want. If not available to download, then click on image to enlarge and then simply clip or screenshot it. Copy and paste into pixel trace in normal way....done! I thought the program might also pick up the grid background, but that has not been the case in the ones I have tested. Quick, easy and don't have to leave the program to go searching for the image you want. As I am sure everyone knows, Sandy has very kindly saved most of the images for us all to access, which is much appreciated, but I find this method makes the process much more like how the program was designed to work in the first place. :-)

Hugz
Jan

Pamela Rezach

Maybe I don't understand "pixel trace in normal way" because mine did include the grid. :( I typed in "ball" and selected the first balloon, used snip it and got the balloon plus the grid.

<janfox54@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, have found a way to still use the gallery from within MTC, just in a different way. First find the image you want. If not available to download, then click on image to enlarge and then simply clip or screenshot it. Copy and paste into pixel trace in normal way....done! I thought the program might also pick up the grid background, but that has not been the case in the ones I have tested. Quick, easy and don't have to leave the program to go searching for the image you want. As I am sure everyone knows, Sandy has very kindly saved most of the images for us all to access, which is much appreciated, but I find this method makes the process much more like how the program was designed to work in the first place. :-)

Hugz
Jan

Jan Fox

I think it depends on how dark the grid is whether it shows up or not. Lowering the threshold can help as long as your outlines are still traced. I had a play with the balloon and found that at 80 threshold the grid disappeared but the black box around it was a problem. It chops off the top of the balloon and if removed, you don't get the correct shape. The first one I tried was "rolled flower" which creates a 3D flower when cut and rolled. You might notice the grid is much lighter and traced well at 135 threshold without bringing in the grid. I then applied shape magic- advanced-thin lines to get rid of the double line. File attached

<janfox54@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, have found a way to still use the gallery from within MTC, just in a different way. First find the image you want. If not available to download, then click on image to enlarge and then simply clip or screenshot it. Copy and paste into pixel trace in normal way....done! I thought the program might also pick up the grid background, but that has not been the case in the ones I have tested. Quick, easy and don't have to leave the program to go searching for the image you want. As I am sure everyone knows, Sandy has very kindly saved most of the images for us all to access, which is much appreciated, but I find this method makes the process much more like how the program was designed to work in the first place. :-)

Hugz
Jan

Pamela Rezach

Thanks!

<janfox54@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, have found a way to still use the gallery from within MTC, just in a different way. First find the image you want. If not available to download, then click on image to enlarge and then simply clip or screenshot it. Copy and paste into pixel trace in normal way....done! I thought the program might also pick up the grid background, but that has not been the case in the ones I have tested. Quick, easy and don't have to leave the program to go searching for the image you want. As I am sure everyone knows, Sandy has very kindly saved most of the images for us all to access, which is much appreciated, but I find this method makes the process much more like how the program was designed to work in the first place. :-)

Hugz
Jan

Liz Ackerman

Very clever, my friend! Thanks for sharing your discovery, Jan!!!