Topics

Help Needed - MTC & Cricut cutting problem

Laurie

I'm hoping I can explain what I need help with...

I'm using MTC 4.1.0 cutting with a Cricut Expression.  When I select cut, I can see on my computer screen that the image is cutting, but when I look at the Cricut, the blade isn't in sync with what I'm seeing on my computer screen.  I have to use an exacto knife to complete the cuts.

Has this happened to anyone? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you
Laurie

Julie Flanagan

The image on the screen tells you the data that is buffering to the cutter. The blade moves as that data is processed. I am no techie on this, but it seems like it is not significant that what you see on the screen if different from what you see the cutter doing. But, you should not have to use a knife to complete cuts.  Maybe some of our techie members can chime in on this.

Julie

On 01/05/2021 6:54 PM Laurie via groups.io <fivehickmans@...> wrote:

I'm hoping I can explain what I need help with...

I'm using MTC 4.1.0 cutting with a Cricut Expression.  When I select cut, I can see on my computer screen that the image is cutting, but when I look at the Cricut, the blade isn't in sync with what I'm seeing on my computer screen.  I have to use an exacto knife to complete the cuts.

Has this happened to anyone? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you
Laurie

Liz Ackerman

I can't remember when Andy added the overcut option in MTC. I am pretty sure it is in the cutter plugin as an option. Pretty sure the Cricut supported that, but I don't have the plugin install right now or the right version of MTC set up, on a thumb drive somewhere, LOL.

Overcut makes the cutter go past the place it started the cut, so that a shape is completely cut.

Liz

On 1/5/2021 8:17 PM, Julie Flanagan wrote:
[...]

Thinking some more, try doing 2 passes to get a complete cut. The overcut may have been in the software and not something the user could control.

Liz

On 1/5/2021 10:27 PM, Liz A wrote:

[...]

Donna Bernardo

check your speed, blade pressure and blade depth for the material you are cutting...you can check on line for Cricut Expression cutting guides...there are quite a few to choose from

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 10:02 PM Laurie via groups.io <fivehickmans=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm hoping I can explain what I need help with...

I'm using MTC 4.1.0 cutting with a Cricut Expression.  When I select cut, I can see on my computer screen that the image is cutting, but when I look at the Cricut, the blade isn't in sync with what I'm seeing on my computer screen.  I have to use an exacto knife to complete the cuts.

Has this happened to anyone? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you
Laurie

Laurie

Hi Liz, Thank you for responding. It appears to only happen with fonts. All my fonts are TT. I have tried overcut and it doesn’t help. I’m attaching 2 pictures of what is happening with the slipped cut.

Julie Flanagan

Did you try doing a double pass when cutting? That might take care of the problem.

Julie

Laurie

Yes, I have tried the double pass. It doesn’t make a difference. 😞 It’s perplexing. I’m not sure if it’s a software or hardware problem. But it’s definitely a problem!

lindas1942

Could it be that she needs to set the offset or re-calibrate the machine

Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS

On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 9:55 PM, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

Did you try doing a double pass when cutting? That might take care of the problem.

Maybe try a different USB cable.

Julie