Engraving, Embossing, and Pen Fills Tutorial

Julie Flanagan

I have posted a new Advanced tutorial in the group Files section on how to do engraving, embossing and pen fills with your cutter. You can see a couple of the photos of the pen drawing my Cricut made in the group Photos section.
Thanks, Patricia for requesting this tutorial.

I hope some of our advanced members will play with this feature and share some interesting projects with us.

Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Patricia Wendell

Julie -

you put so much AWESOME work into this. The minute I can, I will follow this along. This is really great. I know it will take so much time to do this way, but sometimes you get that really, really special project that has to be just right, and the extra time would be worth it then.

Thanks you very much for doing this. I didn't expect anything for some time, the speed in which you put this together amazed me also. I probably will take some serious time over the weekend to follow this tutorial. On Saturday, my town is having the St. Pat's parade, as on the real St. Pat's, that was the day of the huge rain, so this is a makeup. They are doing it in the main part of town, so I must do my normal saturday errands either friday or sunday. This will leave me free on Saturday to try this tutorial then.

Pat

Julie, craftymusician@comcast.net Flanagan Educational Services
Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Terri Ettling-Shell

I agree with you Pat. I can' get over the amount of time that Julie spends
on these tuts so we can enjoy all the wonderful features. I truly
appreciate all the time that you spend making these so I have an easy path
to take. Thanks.

Terri Ettling-Shell

Independent Beachbody Coach

www.teambeachbody.com/tlettling

Kay Hall

Thanks for putting this together, Julie. It is so cool that my technique will work in MTC or SCAL now. If anyone is interested I have a screen file on my blog that you can download and save a lot of steps.
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/filled-in-letters-with-cricut-and-markers/
-Kay
--
Visit my blog
Clever Someday-Geeky Ideas for Desktop Crafting

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 7:56 PM, CraftyMusician <craftymusician@...> wrote:

I have posted a new Advanced tutorial in the group Files section on how to do engraving, embossing and pen fills with your cutter. You can see a couple of the photos of the pen drawing my Cricut made in the group Photos section.
Thanks, Patricia for requesting this tutorial.

I hope some of our advanced members will play with this feature and share some interesting projects with us.

Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Terri Ettling-Shell

Thanks I went to the link and downloaded it but it opens with just some
numbers and letters. It is not readable.

Terri Ettling-Shell

Independent Beachbody Coach

www.teambeachbody.com/tlettling

Julie Flanagan

Thanks, Kay for sharing the link for your file. Since the spacing on your lines is a bit wider, it is nice to have a couple of different size options to produce different pen and embossing effects. You are welcome to post the file in this group's Files section, Advanced Tutorials. Or if you would prefer, you can add a link to your file in the group's Links section for those who might like to get it later.

<craftymusician@...>wrote:

I have posted a new Advanced tutorial in the group Files section on how to
do engraving, embossing and pen fills with your cutter. You can see a couple
of the photos of the pen drawing my Cricut made in the group Photos section.

Thanks, Patricia for requesting this tutorial.

I hope some of our advanced members will play with this feature and share
some interesting projects with us.

Julie, craftymusician@... <craftymusician%40comcast.net> Flanagan
Educational Services
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MTC_Tuts/
Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Julie Flanagan

The link for Kay's file takes you to a mediafire download. Once downloaded, you will have an SVG file. Import that file into MTC, and it should work ine

Thanks I went to the link and downloaded it but it opens with just some
numbers and letters. It is not readable.

Terri Ettling-Shell

Independent Beachbody Coach

www.teambeachbody.com/tlettling

Terri Ettling-Shell