Topics

Cricut Foil Transfer Kit

Julie Flanagan

I don't remember who asked if this kit will work on machines other than the Cricut Explore and Maker. I received my kit, and tried it out a bit today.

Yes, I got it to work with my Pazzles Vue, and my Cricut Expression with a special hack. The tool is too small, so I slit a rubber pencil grip lengthwise, and cut off about 1/2 inch of the length. I slid this piece of rubber around the tool. I placed this in the blade holder cradle using the Pazzles pen tool spacer to get the height just right. Pressing down hard on the tool against the spacer, I tightened the belt around the tool as tight as it would go.

On the Cricut Expression, I set it to maximum pressure, minimum speed, with multi-cut on. This worked perfectly with the two tips that I tried. (the third tip took a leap out of the package when I opened it, and it is nowhere to be found.)
On the Pazzles Vue, I used the same rubber pencil grip, sliced down the long way, and trimmed 1/2" off the end. It loaded the same way as in the Cricut Expression. I used a pressure of 35, and set the tool to engrave. Speed 2 worked well.
I have not tried it on my Maker or Explore yet, but I assume it will work with the recommended Cricut Settings.

I haven't tried it on my other cutters, but am sure that it will work well with the BossKut Gazelle and the KNK Zing, since their clamps hold any size tools.

I have not tried it in my Cameo, but assume that it will not work in Cameo, as it would require more pressure than the standard tool holder provides. If you have tried it in a Cameo, please share your results.

If you have tried it with other machines, please share your results with us.

You can check out this new tool here:  Cricut Foil Transfer Kit

Thanks,

This is good news, Julie! Kudos to you and your testing!!

Liz

[...]

milliejs2

Julie, I am using the tool in my Zing.  Works great

Hugs & blessings,

Millie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Tam

Yes but Julie don't you have to use cricut foil sheets only with it. You can't use any other type of foil right.
Thanks
Tam

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 10:07 PM milliejs2 <aspeck1@...> wrote:

[...]

Teresa Oakes

Thank you so much Julie for all that you do and share.
Teresa

On Sunday, October 25, 2020, 07:44:25 PM CDT, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

[...]

I did lots of different experiments today using different foils and different tools. My conclusion is that Cricut has done their research and product development very well.

Deco foil like you use with a laminator does not work at all with the new Cricut Foil Transfer Kit.

Foil from We R Memory Makers for the foil quill does work some, but not nearly as nicely as the Cricut Foil. Same with the foil designed for use with the Crafter's Companion Foil Press.

I tried using the Pazzles Engraving tool in the Vue with the several different types of foil. It did provide a nice thin line of foiling using Cricut Foil, with pressure of 18 and speed 1. Pazzles embossing tool tips worked with Cricut foil with pressure set at 45. Other foils, not so well. Still Cricut Foil tool and foil work the best.

Julie