Cartridge Backups

Julie Flanagan

I have edited the tutorial a bit and reposted it. I think it needs a complete rewrite, but I will wait for that until the next software update, in case there are changes made in the way the program installs. You can download it again from the group's Intermediate Lessons Files.

Secret

I played with backing up my cartridges last night. I did not have a CDS Backup Library folder so I made it. I was only able to backup Plantin Schoolbook & Accent Essentials since I only have the trial version now.

I saved each effect separately so I could find what I needed later on much easier, I renamed the backup too. Then I made a folder for each cartridge. I am now in the process of bidding on the full version of CDS so I can back up the rest of them. I think it will be much easier, and quicker, to do it this way that to convert each JPEG into SVG.

Thanks so much for the helpful tutorial!

Diane

--- In MTC_Tuts@..., craftymusician@... wrote:

I have edited the tutorial a bit and reposted it. I think it needs a complete rewrite, but I will wait for that until the next software update, in case there are changes made in the way the program installs. You can download it again from the group's Intermediate Lessons Files.

Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Kimberly Onnen <kimberlyinmn@...>

When/if you win the auction, you should see if the seller would just email
you the serial number for the software. That way you won't have to pay any
shipping. The version that is on the CD is the old version, so you wouldn't
even need that. :)

Kimberly O.

Linda DuBois <lindadb@...>

Diane,

I purchased my DS from Amazon last week for $41. I just had cataract surgery yesterday, so haven't tried it yet.

Linda

At 09:18 AM 3/31/2010, you wrote:

I played with backing up my cartridges last night. I did not have a CDS Backup Library folder so I made it. I was only able to backup Plantin Schoolbook & Accent Essentials since I only have the trial version now.

I saved each effect separately so I could find what I needed later on much easier, I renamed the backup too. Then I made a folder for each cartridge. I am now in the process of bidding on the full version of CDS so I can back up the rest of them. I think it will be much easier, and quicker, to do it this way that to convert each JPEG into SVG.

Thanks so much for the helpful tutorial!

Diane

-

Allandra42 <allandra42@...>

Can someone tell me why we would want to back up cartridges? Evidentally I am missing something. lesa

I played with backing up my cartridges last night.  I did not have a CDS Backup Library folder so I made it.  I was only able to backup Plantin Schoolbook & Accent Essentials since I only have the trial version now.

I saved each effect separately so I could find what I needed later on much easier, I renamed the backup too.  Then I made a folder for each cartridge.  I am now in the process of bidding on the full version of CDS so I can back up the rest of them.  I think it will be much easier, and quicker, to do it this way that to convert each JPEG into SVG.

Thanks so much for the helpful tutorial!

Diane

--- In MTC_Tuts@..., craftymusician@... wrote:

> I have edited the tutorial a bit and reposted it. I think it needs a complete rewrite, but I will wait for that until the next software update, in case there are changes made in the way the program installs. You can download it again from the group's Intermediate Lessons Files.
>
> Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

The first paragraph of the following document in the group Intermediate Lessons File folder explains why some people want to back up their cartridges.

Can someone tell me why we would want to back up cartridges? Evidentally I am missing something. lesa

I played with backing up my cartridges last night.  I did not have a CDS Backup Library folder so I made it.  I was only able to backup Plantin Schoolbook & Accent Essentials since I only have the trial version now.

I saved each effect separately so I could find what I needed later on much easier, I renamed the backup too.  Then I made a folder for each cartridge.  I am now in the process of bidding on the full version of CDS so I can back up the rest of them.  I think it will be much easier, and quicker, to do it this way that to convert each JPEG into SVG.

Thanks so much for the helpful tutorial!

Diane

--- In MTC_Tuts@..., craftymusician@... wrote:

> I have edited the tutorial a bit and reposted it. I think it needs a complete rewrite, but I will wait for that until the next software update, in case there are changes made in the way the program installs. You can download it again from the group's Intermediate Lessons Files.
>
> Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Secret

I just won it off Ebay for $17.71 with free shipping and a $30 bonus too this morning. I'm so excited!

Julie Flanagan

Congrats on the great price! Now you can really get busy!

I just won it off Ebay for $17.71 with free shipping and a $30 bonus too this morning. I'm so excited!