From: MTC_Tuts@... [mailto:MTC_Tuts@...] On Behalf Of CraftyMusician
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:56 PM
To: MTC_Tuts@...
Subject: [MTC_Tuts] Cart Backup Video

If you had problems viewing the entire video on backing up your cartridges, please save the file to your computer first. Then open it to view it using Windows Media Player. If you just try to open it without saving it, you only see part of the video.
Download and save it from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/242492311/b914c027/MTCCartBackup.html

Julie, craftymusician@comcast.net Flanagan Educational Services
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Linda DuBois <lindadb@...>

Julie,

I was able to watch the video, and this is really an awesome feature. One question on the SCAL group is, "Do you have to own the full version to back up cartridges that were purchased?" After watching the video, I am thinking that the answer is yes, you need to own the full DS version. Is this correct?

Linda

At 08:56 PM 3/16/2010, you wrote:

If you had problems viewing the entire video on backing up your cartridges, please save the file to your computer first. Then open it to view it using Windows Media Player. If you just try to open it without saving it, you only see part of the video.
Download and save it from here:
<http://www.4shared.com/file/242492311/b914c027/MTCCartBackup.html>http://www.4shared.com/file/242492311/b914c027/MTCCartBackup.html

Julie, <mailto:craftymusician%40comcast.net>craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
www.scrap-savvy.com <http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase>http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Beanie <beanie21787@...>

I think so because the machine thinks it is cutting but it is saving and to cut you would need the full CDS

I was able to watch the video, and this is really an awesome
feature. One question on the SCAL group is, "Do you have to own the
full version to back up cartridges that were purchased?" After
watching the video, I am thinking that the answer is yes, you need to
own the full DS version. Is this correct?

Julie Flanagan

You have to own either the full version of Cricut Design Studio or the Cricut Jukebox to back up all of your cartridges.
I purchased the Jukebox on e-bay for a fraction of the cost, and that works for me. You need to have your key cartridge in the Jukebox in addition to any other cartridge you wish to back up.

You also have to own the full version of Make The Cut to back up your cartridges.

You can only back up cartridges that you have in your Cricut or Juke box.

At 08:56 PM 3/16/2010, you wrote:

>If you had problems viewing the entire video on backing up your
>cartridges, please save the file to your computer first. Then open
>it to view it using Windows Media Player. If you just try to open it
>without saving it, you only see part of the video.
>Download and save it from here:
><http://www.4shared.com/file/242492311/b914c027/MTCCartBackup.html>http://www.4shared.com/file/242492311/b914c027/MTCCartBackup.html
>
>Julie,
>craftymusician@...
>Flanagan Educational Services
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hybrid_Scrapbooking_PaperCrafting/>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hybrid_Scrapbooking_PaperCrafting/
>http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
>www.scrap-savvy.com
><http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase>http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Julie Flanagan

Yes, you will need to click on all of the images on the cart to do the back up. This is a quick process, because no editing of the images is necessary. You can edit images using MTC much easier. For pieced designs, I would like to stack them all together and add fill colors so that I can see the completed project, much the way they appear in the sample sheets. However, this is more easily done in MTC. I can save the editing designs individually once edited if I want to.

So if I am watching and listening correctly I will have to click on all of the images on the cart to do the back up

Terri Ettling-Shell

Independent Beachbody Coach

www.teambeachbody.com/tlettling

From: craftymusician@...
Date: 3/17/2010 10:46:28 AM
To: MTC Tuts

Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Linda DuBois <lindadb@...>

Thanks Julie. I personally sold two of my cartridges that came with my Cricut. I never used them, and relayed solely on Inscape and SCAL until I purchased MTC.

Linda

At 10:28 AM 3/17/2010, you wrote:

You have to own either the full version of Cricut Design Studio or the Cricut Jukebox to back up all of your cartridges.
I purchased the Jukebox on e-bay for a fraction of the cost, and that works for me. You need to have your key cartridge in the Jukebox in addition to any other cartridge you wish to back up.

You also have to own the full version of Make The Cut to back up your cartridges.

You can only back up cartridges that you have in your Cricut or Juke box.

Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
Purchase MTC: http://tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Terri Ettling-Shell

Ok So if I am thinking correctly I really would not need to do my fonts
unless there is something that I really like over all the fonts in MTC

Terri Ettling-Shell

Independent Beachbody Coach

www.teambeachbody.com/tlettling

Kay Hall

One idea is to turn them into a TT font
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/inkscape-dings/
-Kay
--
Visit my blog
Clever Someday-Geeky Ideas for Desktop Crafting
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com

Julie Flanagan

Kay, if you would like to, you can add the link to the TTF document to our group Links section for quick reference for everyone.

Clever Someday-Geeky Ideas for Desktop Crafting
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com

Julie Flanagan

Since I have many fonts, I don't generally need to back up the fonts in the cartridges.

Ok So if I am thinking correctly I really would not need to do my fonts
unless there is something that I really like over all the fonts in MTC

Terri Ettling-Shell

I can't fit all my cart images on one mat. Will this work with using more than one file?

--- In MTC_Tuts@..., "CraftyMusician" <craftymusician@...> wrote:

If you had problems viewing the entire video on backing up your cartridges, please save the file to your computer first. Then open it to view it using Windows Media Player. If you just try to open it without saving it, you only see part of the video.
Download and save it from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/242492311/b914c027/MTCCartBackup.html

Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
www.scrap-savvy.com http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Julie Flanagan

You can use as many mats and as many files as you like. You can name your backups as PlantinSchoolbook1.svg, PlantinSchoolbook2.svg, PlantinSchoolbook3.svg.