Topics

Black cat Cougar

Susan

Hi all.  I live on the East coast Australia & own a Black Cat Cougar which I no longer have a use for.  It is in mint condition, hardly used.  I paid a lot for it but am willing to give it to someone who can use it.

Kathy Kelley

I would love to adopt your machine!  Do you have an idea what the shipping cost would be to Washington State, USA?

Kathy

P.S. I have the original Zing and no other machine.

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, 6:21:38 PM PDT, Susan via groups.io <sueb_4@...> wrote:

Hi all.  I live on the East coast Australia & own a Black Cat Cougar which I no longer have a use for.  It is in mint condition, hardly used.  I paid a lot for it but am willing to give it to someone who can use it.

Susan

I can find out for you on Monday. I imagine that it will be fairly expensive.

cheers sue

Kathy Kelley

Hi Sue,

I think that the machine will run with MTC, correct me if I'm wrong.  That is the only cutting software I use, and I love it!  What is the machine size, please.  I am prepared to pay the shipping to get it here and yes, I'm sure it will be very expensive.  I hope that it will work out.

Thank you so much for your response,

Hugs,

Kathy

On Friday, October 23, 2020, 3:08:32 PM PDT, Susan via groups.io <sueb_4@...> wrote:

I can find out for you on Monday. I imagine that it will be fairly expensive.

cheers sue

Lesa Duncan

black cat cougars do run Make the cut I use one with it.

On Friday, October 23, 2020, 3:08:32 PM PDT, Susan via groups.io <sueb_4=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I can find out for you on Monday. I imagine that it will be fairly expensive.

cheers sue

Susan

Hi Kathy
Yes the Cougar does work with MTC.  The cost in A$177.00.  Cheaper for you with the conversion rate.   I will include mats & instructions etc.  The machine is 18".
You will need to download drivers. I saw that there is a post on MTC.  Hope this helps.
Apologies to the forum if my post is not permitted.

If you mean the actual driver, it uses the FTDI chip, so you can get the latest driver from the manufacturer here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

If you mean the plug-in (to allow Make The Cut! to actually send to the cutter), you can get the latest plug-ins from here:
http://www.make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx

It is recommended that you use the Klic-N-Kut plug-in instead of the Black Cat Cougar plug-in because the Klic-N-Kut plug-in has more advanced features and it works with the blackcat and silverbullet

Kathy Kelley

Hi Sue,

Just so we don't offend anyone, my direct email is neeka2u@....

Thank you for the information, I will be able to get whatever is needed to run the machine, there shouldn't be any issues as I already have MTC.

Kathy