Best Printer Paper for copying Digital Paper

xkarenb.75093

Can anyone recommend a good quality copy paper for  Epson Echo Tank Ink Jet Printer that produces bright vivid colors?

I printed some digital paper and the colors are not vivid on the types of paper I used.

I even tried glossy photo paper and results were only okay.

Marilee S.

I'm sorry that I cannot recommend a paper but I can make a comment on the printer. I have always used only Epson printers and when I was in the market for a new printer I looked into non-photo printers such as the one you have. I was informed that if I wanted to print photos to stay away from printers such as the "Eco Tank". I was told that the ink was a different formulation and not suitable for printing photos. This may be the issue you are dealing with...and why you are not able to get vivid colours.

Marilee Simons

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 7:50 PM xkarenb.75093 <xkarenb@...> wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good quality copy paper for  Epson Echo Tank Ink Jet Printer that produces bright vivid colors?

I printed some digital paper and the colors are not vivid on the types of paper I used.

I even tried glossy photo paper and results were only okay.

Shari Trujillo

thanks for the heads up cause I was looking into an eco tank

--

live, laugh, ride
Shari

Wendi Olmstead

I bought an echo tank printer and hope I don't have the same disappointing results. It is a wide format printer for photos.  Epson 8550.  I took it out of the box but have been too busy to set it up and try it out.  Fingers crossed.

If you find good paper, share.  My plan was to print my own scrapbook paper as needed and not have to store a million bins of it.  Okay, only 6-10 but still.  It takes up too much valuable space.
On 03/14/2022 11:47 AM Shari Trujillo <sljt57@...> wrote:

[...]

Liz Ackerman

So if I put on my Epson worker hat, the first question would be which model? There are several categories within the EcoTank group of printers, each purposed for a stream or type of work to be printed.

That said, the Epson guy would then always recommend Epson papers, of course!

Why? Cause they are developed to produce the best results for the inks used by Epson Printers. So for example for the EcoTank Photo printer which uses the "6‑Color Claria® ET with photographic dye inks to produce exceptional color and black & white photographic print quality", they recommend for example for scrapbooking, crafting papers:

https://epson.com/For-Home/Paper/Scrapbook-%26-Craft/c/h630

All Epson papers:

https://epson.com/For-Work/Paper/c/w6

Claria is the ink used in the above group of printers, it is the same ink used in my Epson, its labelled Claria Photo HD, and my Epson is NOT an EcoTank, so I would question the validity of Marilee Simons' comment "print photos to stay away from printers such as the "Eco Tank". I was told that the ink was a different formulation and not suitable for printing photos." as that in my opinion is not correct. Epson makes 2 kinds of ink, dye ink and pigment ink. Claria is dye ink. DuraBrite is pigment, UltraChrome HD is also pigment based. What definitely makes the difference in how those inks used on paper is the paper being used. I have had Epson printers since 1995, and always get fantastic results when I use Epson papers. I have tried every type of Epson papers, including watercolour paper and none have disappointed. I printed two fridge magnets of the same photo, one on Epson photo paper and one on a no name photo paper, put on the fridge which faced the kitchen. After 8 years the Epson paper still looked wonderful, the other one looked like it was sepia coloured.

So before going judgy on the printer and its ink, look at the paper. Spend a bit of money and buy a small package of genuine Epson paper. Print on that and then see if it makes a difference. I can pretty much guarantee that it will.

The other thing is that you need to purchase REAL OEM Epson ink, not no-name cheap ink. I can guarantee that you will not get a consistent colour match between two different bottles of same colour no-name ink. I can pretty much spot a no-name ink print a mile away, the colours are NOT brilliant, they are MUDDY. Ask me how I know....I've tried that, and it does not work well. To the point that I believe that no-name ink trashed my Epson, and I bought a new one. Never again. The prints were crap anyways, compared to true blue Epson ink and Epson paper.

Hope that helps someone. Sorry if the email is a bit strong, this is something I am very passionate about!! LOL

Liz

On 3/14/2022 9:51 AM, Marilee S. wrote:
[...]

Betty B

Have you tried going into the site and downloading the latest drivers,
and then into printer settings/properties

[...]

That is a great suggestion, Betty! If you have not enabled a check for updates (my is set so that it does alert me when there are updates) then you could be running with a really old driver/software.

On 3/14/2022 1:20 PM, Betty B wrote:
[...]

Diane Bove

Hi, I had a Cannon 100 large format 9 ink printer and photos were gorgeous using photo paper. I bought it because I thought I would use the 12x12 size for papers also. They were just Ok, mainly because I couldn’t find reasonable quality 12x12 photo paper.
Now I have an Epson 4719 Eco tank and I love it!  It’s hard to believe but it prints gorgeous photos also, and it’s only 4 colors.
 I use Staples Supreme matte photo paper, same paper I used with my Cannon, best photo paper in my opinion.
Photo “paper” is called paper but it is more the thickness of cardstock. If you are looking for true paper which is thinner, you can get good results from Hammermill or Staples (Tru-Red) I think is what they call theirs.  These papers are a brighter white than regular copy paper and they will give you better results.
Also, when I want a nice color print on Happermill  paper, I go into settings, choose photo, )even though it’s not a photo), choose the high, best or fine setting for photo and borderless. If you don’t say photo, it will only let you choose econo print or standard. You need to specify photo to get the better options. Actually if you are looking to get a nice quality print you should be using photo settings no matter which paper you use.
You also can play with ICM settings, I don’t remember all the names, that varies by printer, usually in “advanced” settings. I used to play around with that when I was printing watercolor  images in Craft Artist.  You need to use different settings for an outdoor landscape photo, a cartoon, or a photograph. Who’s is what one of my old printers called the choices. Try printing the same paper on all three settings and you will see a difference.
Here’s a good example for you. Side by side papers, 1 using Hammermill, the other regular copy paper. Both are just thin paper. Inline image

I hope this helps you.
~Diane.

On Monday, March 14, 2022, 5:29 PM, Betty B <betterleftunsaid2u@...> wrote:

[...]

I would not recommend the Epson Echo Tank. It’s not user friendly; too many steps to go through every time you switch paper types (i. e. plain paper to glossy, etc) and the colors are not true or vivid. Red is off and I only used Epson brand ink.

It works fine for copies & b/w printing ; doesn’t use a lot of ink & the tanks don’t need to be filled for a long time. But, not happy with mine!

KraftyKriss

What I learned from my son who is a photographer. You can get very good results from any printer using a hi resolution photo or image. Hi resolution is not the size it is the dots per inch, DPI. Many of you may know this. The "golden resolution" is 300 DPI. However what I see as a perfect print may not look the same to someone else. We each demand and pick our own standard of perfection. What looks acceptable to me in my son's eyes is garbage.
Then there is the issue of paper/cardstock. Too porous and the ink sinks in. Bright white premium is the way to go, it does not have to be photopaper but you will get brighter and crisper images because the ink does not sink into the paper fibers like cardstock.
I would suggest going to the Epson site and asking customer service recommendations on getting the best printing on your device. There are also plenty of videos on youtube that you may find helpful.

KraftyKriss

Wendi Olmstead

Wow, thank you Diane for sharing all that.  I can see that it will be well worth setting aside enough time to figure all this out.  I now look forward to getting my printer up and running.
:-)Wendi