Topics

MTC Registration Key

Julie Flanagan

Check this document to try to recover your MTC registration Key. https://www.iloveknk.com/Support/Tutorials/Make-The-Cut/Retrieving-MTC-and-PCS-Registrations.pdf

If you cannot find it, and really don't like using other software, you might need to purchase it again. It is well worth it for what it still does. But this time make sure that you save your registration key somewhere OFF of your computer, so that you can access it if you should need it.

Julie

On 12/31/2020 4:49 PM salley schwartz via groups.io <salleys@...> wrote:

Miss the whole MTC group. I'm trying to learn Canvas and SCAL. Would rather have my MTC back. Lost my registration key.
           Salley

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 5:25 PM, Sharon Finnie
<slfinnie@...> wrote:
Oh, I agree. I miss Andy. I just bought Sure Cuts Alot from Leo Kowal at
Dreaming Tree and installed it today, way to complicated if you are not
computer literate. I am not...I am a crafter!

On 12/31/2020 6:27 PM, Liz Ackerman wrote:
> LOL MTC is STILL better!!!
>
> This Group is MTC-Tuts which stands for Make The Cut! Tutorials =)
>
> On 12/31/2020 2:27 PM, Sharon Finnie wrote:
>>
>> MTC was a program used to design svgs. the developer was Andy
>> Heinlein. Unfortunately he was sued by Provo Craft who makes the
>> Cricut because it was a far better program than Design Space.
>>
>> MTC-Make the Cut
>>
>> On 12/31/2020 1:08 PM, judestrmn wrote:
>>> Not sure what MTC is? I am new to this cutting world.

Cheryl Rotnem

Julie, I want to thank you for the info on how to find and save my MTC REG #. I got it!!! Yeah!!!
Cheryl Rotnem, CZT 11
Certified Zentangle® Teacher
CA/USA

<slfinnie@...> wrote:
Oh, I agree. I miss Andy. I just bought Sure Cuts Alot from Leo Kowal at
Dreaming Tree and installed it today, way to complicated if you are not
computer literate. I am not...I am a crafter!

On 12/31/2020 6:27 PM, Liz Ackerman wrote:
> LOL MTC is STILL better!!!
>
> This Group is MTC-Tuts which stands for Make The Cut! Tutorials =)
>
> On 12/31/2020 2:27 PM, Sharon Finnie wrote:
>>
>> MTC was a program used to design svgs. the developer was Andy
>> Heinlein. Unfortunately he was sued by Provo Craft who makes the
>> Cricut because it was a far better program than Design Space.
>>
>> MTC-Make the Cut
>>
>> On 12/31/2020 1:08 PM, judestrmn wrote:
>>> Not sure what MTC is? I am new to this cutting world.

mprzybelski

Thank you all for the information on retrieving the registration key. I had to get my computer fixed I was afraid I would lose the program but fortunately I didn’t. I was also afraid because I am not computer savvy to try and retrieve the key by unregistering it and then re-registering it. I asked them at the place they fixed my computer if it was possible for them to help me and they did. Cm At first I thought I lost it and my heart dropped but then I did know how to access the clipboard and there it was. I re-registered it and at first it didn’t accept  it and then suddenly it did so I still have the program.  But through all this experience I’ve aged and I also learned I needed to broaden my horizons and I’ve learned cricket design space after buying a new cutter. But MTC is still my favorite. So thanks again to all who investigated and let us know how to do it.

<slfinnie@...> wrote:
Oh, I agree. I miss Andy. I just bought Sure Cuts Alot from Leo Kowal at
Dreaming Tree and installed it today, way to complicated if you are not
computer literate. I am not...I am a crafter!

On 12/31/2020 6:27 PM, Liz Ackerman wrote:
> LOL MTC is STILL better!!!
>
> This Group is MTC-Tuts which stands for Make The Cut! Tutorials =)
>
> On 12/31/2020 2:27 PM, Sharon Finnie wrote:
>>
>> MTC was a program used to design svgs. the developer was Andy
>> Heinlein. Unfortunately he was sued by Provo Craft who makes the
>> Cricut because it was a far better program than Design Space.
>>
>> MTC-Make the Cut
>>
>> On 12/31/2020 1:08 PM, judestrmn wrote:
>>> Not sure what MTC is? I am new to this cutting world.

Liz Ackerman

So glad to hear you got your MTC back and are able to cut again! We appreciate that you posted back to let us know! Thanks!

Liz

<slfinnie@...> wrote:
Oh, I agree. I miss Andy. I just bought Sure Cuts Alot from Leo Kowal at
Dreaming Tree and installed it today, way to complicated if you are not
computer literate. I am not...I am a crafter!

On 12/31/2020 6:27 PM, Liz Ackerman wrote:
> LOL MTC is STILL better!!!
>
> This Group is MTC-Tuts which stands for Make The Cut! Tutorials =)
>
> On 12/31/2020 2:27 PM, Sharon Finnie wrote:
>>
>> MTC was a program used to design svgs. the developer was Andy
>> Heinlein. Unfortunately he was sued by Provo Craft who makes the
>> Cricut because it was a far better program than Design Space.
>>
>> MTC-Make the Cut
>>
>> On 12/31/2020 1:08 PM, judestrmn wrote:
>>> Not sure what MTC is? I am new to this cutting world.

Monica Aulich

In my case, I was emailed the key, so its always there when I need to re-install. Perhaps that is always the case?

Sandy Beebe

Not if you purchased it with an email address that is not valid anymore, unfortunately.