From: Richar2339@...
To: "mtc tuts"
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:37:55 PM
Subject: [MTC_Tuts] RE:  Updating MTC

I wasn't going to do the latest MTC update because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it with my cricut anymore - but then I realized I could do so much more with my pazzles inspiration.

I am very computer challenged.  Would someone please explain to me how to save my old MTC program so that I can use it with my cricut and then how do I upload the new MTC?

Is it possible to have both?

Sara

Janet Baldwin <mycardsnz@...>

You can have both. Download the updated one and save it to a new folder.

--
Janet Baldwin

http://www.mycardsforyou.blogspot.com

Liz Ackerman

ScrappyDew has a video for that:

http://www.scrappydew.com/mtcclassroom/basic-training/getting_started.html - How to Install Multiple Versions of MTC on One Computer.

Liz
Edmonton AB

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:37 PM

I wasn't going to do the latest MTC update because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it with my cricut anymore - but then I realized I could do so much more with my pazzles inspiration.

I am very computer challenged.  Would someone please explain to me how to save my old MTC program so that I can use it with my cricut and then how do I upload the new MTC?

Is it possible to have both?

Terri Ettling-Shell

OK just watched this and it doesn’t seem to address the latest updates.  Are you saying that I can continue to use my old drivers the same as I always have for the latest updates?

Terri Ettling-Shell

Please see the video tutorial posted by Scrappy Dew here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f8Fbv27SQ

I wasn't going to do the latest MTC update because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it with my cricut anymore - but then I realized I could do so much more with my pazzles inspiration.

I am very computer challenged.  Would someone please explain to me how to save my old MTC program so that I can use it with my cricut and then how do I upload the new MTC?

Is it possible to have both?

Sara

Cheryl Rotnem

Terri,
You just need to save it in a different area than the one of your older mtc.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Terri Ettling-Shell <tlettling@...> wrote:

OK just watched this and it doesn’t seem to address the latest updates.  Are you saying that I can continue to use my old drivers the same as I always have for the latest updates?

Terri Ettling-Shell

Please see the video tutorial posted by Scrappy Dew here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f8Fbv27SQ

I wasn't going to do the latest MTC update because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it with my cricut anymore - but then I realized I could do so much more with my pazzles inspiration.

I am very computer challenged.  Would someone please explain to me how to save my old MTC program so that I can use it with my cricut and then how do I upload the new MTC?

Is it possible to have both?

Sara

Julie Flanagan

The procedure is the same for installing any two versions of the same software. All plugins for older versions work with the newer versions of MTC EXCEPT one. pccplugin.dll will not work with MTC 4.2 and newer. You can have MTC 4.1 and MTC 4.3+ installed on the same computer. All files between these two versions are compatible.

Julie, craftymusician@... Flanagan Educational Services
Purchase MTC: tinyurl.com/JF-MTC2
Purchase Pazzles: http://tinyurl.com/Pazzles-JF

OK just watched this and it doesn’t seem to address the latest updates.  Are you saying that I can continue to use my old drivers the same as I always have for the latest updates?

Terri Ettling-Shell

Please see the video tutorial posted by Scrappy Dew here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f8Fbv27SQ

I wasn't going to do the latest MTC update because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it with my cricut anymore - but then I realized I could do so much more with my pazzles inspiration.

I am very computer challenged.  Would someone please explain to me how to save my old MTC program so that I can use it with my cricut and then how do I upload the new MTC?

Is it possible to have both?

Sara

Sara

I'm sorry but I am really confused.

I have MTC 4.1 and I would like to update to the newest version but not override MTC 4.1 so if I ever decide to use my expressions machine again I can.

So am I understanding this correctly:

I only have to rename my MTC 4.1 and then I can upload the newest version of MTC?

I really don't understand anything about drivers.

Sara

In a message dated 1/21/2013 10:35:07 A.M. Central Standard Time, craftymusician@... writes:

[...]

OK now even more confused.  Are you saying if I just skip over any 402 versions it will work??????   Or are you saying I must update to 4.1 to get to 4.3????

Terri Ettling-Shell

[...]

I have MTC 4.1 installed in its own directory
C:\Program Files\Make The Cut!410
When I install an newer version, I change the default installation folder name to include the version number. So now, with MTC 4.3.7, I have it installed here:
C:\Program Files\Make The Cut!437

I copy the plugins folder from the previous version's folder to the Plugins folder of the new version's folder.

[...]

There is no need to keep every MTC version. Just install one that will work with your other cutter, and install the latest version in another directory. Every installation includes the complete program up to that point.

[...]

Ok thought so but then all this info confused me.

Terri Ettling-Shell

Please see the video tutorial posted by Scrappy Dew here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f8Fbv27SQ

I wasn't going to do the latest MTC update because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it with my cricut anymore - but then I realized I could do so much more with my pazzles inspiration.

I am very computer challenged.  Would someone please explain to me how to save my old MTC program so that I can use it with my cricut and then how do I upload the new MTC?

Is it possible to have both?

Sara

--
Cheryl
my blog: http://cherylsartfulcreations.blogspot.com
My groups:
cherylscreativestampingpad@...
scal-mtc-hints@...

LAURIE TEAHON

I guess I will join the fray here with a question.  Can I cut files created with the newest version of MTC with version 4.1?  I haven't been downloading any of the new files offered because I didn’t know if I could cut them with 4.1 and my expression.  Thanks.  Laurie

[...]

In my opinion all of you are saints for putting up with all my questions.

How do I find the plugin folder for my MTC 4.1

So just to see if I understand this process:

I can rename my MTC program that I have on my desktop.

Then I download the 4.3.7 version and save it to a new folder and then can move that folder to my desktop.  Once it is moved to my desktop, and after I find my "old" plugin, I then copy that to my new MTC folder and then I click run?

Am I starting to get the hang of this? Or at least getting somewhat of an understanding?

Sara

In a message dated 1/21/2013 10:57:51 A.M. Central Standard Time, craftymusician@... writes:

[...]

Gloria Bohdanovich

If you want to keep using your e you will need 2 versions of MTC on your computer.  Version 4.1 which allows you to cut with your existing machine, then download and save to a different directory (MTC V437).  You can then design all you want in the newest version and save it.  Then open your 4.1 version, open the saved file and cut with your e.  Hope this helps.  Gloria

[...]

There is a tutorial called
I.01_InstallingMultipleVersionsOfMTC.pdf
Posted here:

Here is a screen shot of my MTC410 folder in program files:

I am using XP. If you are using Vista or Win 7, you will find your MTC folder here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Make The Cut!410\

Notice that the Plugins folder is in the Main Make The Cut folder in the Program Files on my C drive. If you are using Vista or Win 7, go to your C drive, go to Program Files (x86), and look for Make The Cut!.

Note that I have change the name of the EXE file to MTC41.exe
I have also changed the name of the folder in Programs Files to Make The Cut!410

When I want to use this older version of Make The Cut, I double click on MTC41.exe to open this version of the software. I made a shortcut for MTC41 on my desktop by dragging this file from the Program Files folder  to my desktop.

I have set my file associations so that when I double click on an MTC file, the latest version of MTC opens. For additional information on setting your file associations, see the tutorial called
posted here:

You should associate the MTC file type with the version of the software that you use most. My preference is to have the latest version of the software open when I double click on an MTC file, because it will open all currently shared MTC files. If I need to use the file in an older version, I will open that version first, and go to the File menu at the top of the screen, select Open, and browse for the file I wish to open.

Currently, files created in MTC 4.3+ will open in MTC 4.1 with no conversion necessary. It is possible that when MTC 5 or 6 come out, that the new MTC files may not open in the older software. If that happens, then you can still open the files in the newer software, export as SVG, and import SVG into the older software for cutting.

[...]

Kathy McIlrath

I think you have to save as a svg in order to open in an earlier version of MTC.

To: MTC_Tuts@...
From: blondiegee46@...
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:03:06 -0800