cutting a shape out of the middle of another

vaglow

Help, I seem to have forgotten how to cut a shape out of the middle of another one. I put a square on the mat and added a smaller one to the center of the larger one and thought all I had to do was hit join but that did not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cheryll G.

Susan Boyles

Did you select all?  (both shapes need to be selected).

Suzzi

To: MTC_Tuts@...
From: cheryllg@...
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:24:59 +0000
Subject: [MTC_Tuts] cutting a shape out of the middle of another

Help, I seem to have forgotten how to cut a shape out of the middle of another one. I put a square on the mat and added a smaller one to the center of the larger one and thought all I had to do was hit join but that did not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cheryll G.

Julie Flanagan

If you send the stacked shapes to cut, you will see that the smaller one will be cut out of the larger one. If you select both shapes (Ctrl+A) and join, (Ctrl+J), they should appear as they will look after cut, like a frame. I suspect that you did not select both shapes before trying the Join.

http://tinyurl.com/SCAL-Purchase

Help, I seem to have forgotten how to cut a shape out of the middle of another one. I put a square on the mat and added a smaller one to the center of the larger one and thought all I had to do was hit join but that did not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cheryll G.

allandra42@gmail.com <allandra42@...>

Use boolean join I think it is option b.

Help, I seem to have forgotten how to cut a shape out of the middle of another one.  I put a square on the mat and added a smaller one to the center of the larger one and thought all I had to do was hit join but that did not work.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cheryll G.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Becca Clark

lol I wanted to throw my hand in the air and say.. oohhh ohhhh I know!! LOL.. I spent Christmas Eve reading the manuals and doing the basic lessons.. I am so glad I did!! I have answers to many of my questions from before. Including this one!

I am glad that I got the answer correct!

LOL..

Carry on.. derail over..

Becca

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 10:24 AM, vaglow <cheryllg@...> wrote:

Help, I seem to have forgotten how to cut a shape out of the middle of another one. I put a square on the mat and added a smaller one to the center of the larger one and thought all I had to do was hit join but that did not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cheryll G.

vaglow

Thanks Julie, you nailed the problem, I indeed didn’t select both before attempting the join.

Cheryll Glowacki

Regional Manager

Children's Plus Inc.

Hm. office (703) 266-1851