From: "Edna"
To: "MTC Tuts"
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:19:46 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [MTC_Tuts] files - 32 bit machines

Dumb question time . . . . what is the difference between 32 and 64 bit machines and is this a concern if wanting to upgrade to a new computer?  Have googled, but can't find an answer.

Thanks.

Edna

Edna <emsaylor@...>

Thank you, Julie.

That's the most intelligent and knowledgeable answer I have received thus
far. I have an old Dell and was informed I really need to buy a new
computer. Both Dell and HP informed me they can no longer offer XP on their
new computers. How did you manage - may I ask?

Another concern I have is I am using PSP a lot and was told by many in my
PSP group that Windows 7 does not recognize most of the filters we use
constantly.

Sheeeeesh - as the saying goes - if it ain't broke - don't fix it - or at
least let us continue in our peaceful bliss. LOL

Again, thanks for your expert help.

Edna

Colleen Stephansen <colleenstephansen@...>

It also has to do with the amount of memory your computer has...I could be wrong here if any computer over 3 or 4 gigs of memory is a 64 bit machine. I am running Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop and has not had any problems....

Colleen Stephansen

Modesto, CA

<http://www.colleenschildcare.com/> http://www.colleenschildcare.com

Linda DuBois <lindadb@...>

Colleen,

I just got a new 64 bit computer with Windows 7. I have been unable to view my SVG files with the Renesis Player. Do you run any type of SVG viewer?

Linda

Colleen Stephansen <colleenstephansen@...>

Not yet! Check Penny Duncan's blog as I believe she has some info there on how to get an SVG viewer in Windows 7 64 bit machine. In the meantime I will see if I can find the info to pass along!

Colleen Stephansen
Modesto, CA
http://www.colleenschildcare.com

I just got a new 64 bit computer with Windows 7. I have been unable to view my SVG files with the Renesis Player. Do you run any type of SVG viewer?

Linda

Pandoras Box

I use inkscape and I have windows 7 64 bit
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile