Question: Quilt pattern to scrapbooking

Jimmie Harris <jimmie.harris@...>

Friendly folks:

I am not sure this is the place to ask this odd question, so I apologize if it is not.

Here is my project:  To make a poster for an organization that the theme is pearls so I thought I would cut pictures and text into circles.  Here is what I am wanting to do: I thought I might take this one step further and make the poster look like a quilt, in particular the Double Wedding Ring quilt or Grandmother's flower garden.  I was thinking of using MTC to cut the pieces.  Have I lost my mind?    Here is a link to a piece where I could cut the ring part and then just use circle punches perhaps for the pictures in the middle: http://cindysquiltloft.blogspot.com/2009/08/easy-peasy-double-wedding-ring-quilt.html.

I've purchased paper designer from Stampin Up in light blue and some yellow (can't recall the name and too lazy to walk in the other room to get it).

1. Right click on the line art image and select Save Image as or Save target as to save the image to your computer.
2. Notice where it goes when you save it.
3. Open MTC
4. Click on the Custom Shapes tab
5. Click on the button with the silhouette of a lady, the Trace raster button
6. Click on Open. The rendering window will open.
7. When rendering is complete, change the number in the threshold box to 230.
8. Click on Apply.
9. If you like the appearance of the preview, click on Accept.
10. The design appears on the screen. Resize it by dragging a corner arrow, or enter an exact size in the Selection Properties window on the main toolbar. If you don't see this window, type Ctrl+ Q to open it, and drag it to the right side of your screen to anchor it there
11. Save your file.
12. Select All (Ctrl+A)
13. Break (Ctrl+B)
14. Click on parts of the design you don't want, to select, and Delete using the Del key on your keyboard.
15. Save your file again. (Ctrl+S)

Are you just wanting to cut the petals, or a square also? If you want to cut the square, delete all but the the petals and their centers, then draw a square around them by selecting a square from the Basic Shapes.

You should be able to cut the design without problems. We would love to see a photo in the Photos section when the project is complete.