CDS and Memory

Brenda Bonkowski

I was wondering if it was a memory problem, when I froze up the mat of cricut files.  I also have  Vista with 4 gig of ram.  Back to the drawing board.

Brenda in WA

To: MTC_Tuts@...
From: craftymusician@...
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:37:28 +0000
Subject: [MTC_Tuts] CDS and Memory

Since PC is loading Cricut Design Studio with all of the images on all of the cartridges, the program is maxing out my computer's memory. I have 4 Gigs of ram on XP, and run into problems with CDS hanging when I try to run other programs at the same time. If your computer has 1 gig of Ram and is running Vista or Win7, I am not surprised that CDS will not work.

I live outside of Gig Harbor, Washington, not far from Tacoma. I have a well-stocked studio in my home, but not a shop. I love having people over to craft. I teach local classes as needed, sometimes at home, and for larger classes, at a local scrapbook store. I have traveled to teach when my expenses are covered.

Julie, craftymusician@comcast.net  Flanagan Educational Services