Re: Cupcake Wrapper Questions

Julie Flanagan

I don't think you need to start over. click on the wrapper to select it, and move it ti the side of the screen. Drag your cursor around all of the text to select it, and click on the Join icon or Ctrl+J. Now the letters will all show up on a single layer. Now you should be able to move the text to its own layer using the small plus at the bottom of the screen. The wrapper should now be on its own layer with an Eye icon that you can use to hide the wrapper. Before hiding it, move it back to the screen so that you can use its faint outline for placement of the letters.

From: "Jeanne Kelly"
To: "MTC Tuts"
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:31:26 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: RE: [MTC_Tuts] Cupcake Wrapper Questions

Well, I got the tool bar moved (Thanks!), but I'm still having trouble with the layers.

Each letter of my text is a separate layer right now, and the layer with the wrapper has no eye icon on it.  I can see how closing that eye probably would have made arranging the letters easier.  I might just trash what I've got & start over doing that.

Jeanne