Re: Printers?/Re: [Special] [MTC-Tuts] Prime Day 2021 for Crafters

lukenessling@...

Oops, I forgot you may want to get the 7210 which you can use CISS and sublimation ink with and has the criteria you want in the 7720 - it just doesn’t have the fax, adf, or duplex options but You already have the all in one printer so you don’t need those functions.  It is more readily available and is reasonably priced.

Kelly

On Jul 7, 2021, at 1:50 PM, Luke Nessling <lukenessling@...> wrote:

Hi Wendi,

So Sorry decided to buy the 7720.  I found it on EBay for $350.00 plus $23.00 for shipping.  I purchased the 2 year square trade warranty with it too.

I do need the large scanner bed, the ADF, auto duplex and fax machine.  Also, I can get the CISS for it and Sublimation ink.

I did d look at the 7840 but it doesn’t have CISS capabilities.  If you go onto the InkXPro website and actually click on the option for the 7840 it says it is not currently available - that was enough to make the decision to pass on it.

I paid $100.00 more that the retail value is but there are none to be found anywhere.  I figure the savings on the ink and the ability to use sublimation ink is worth the extra $100.00.  Everywhere else I have seen it is over $700.00 and is highway robbery🤦‍♀️😡

I did look at the 2 printers you found on Amazon but my concern is the expense of the ink🤷‍♀️

You may want to check out eBay to see if you can find a deal.  My main stipulation was that I needed to purchase an extended warranty - in case the seller is not reputable and sells a used, broken or defective unit - just want to be on the safe side.

If I can help you in any way my email is lukenessling@....

Good Luck

Kelly

On Jul 7, 2021, at 1:22 PM, Wendi Olmstead <wendiolmstead@...> wrote:

Kelly,
I decided if I was not going to have the 11x17 scanner, I wanted to focus on quality of prints and ease of use with 12x12 cardstock.  Wondering if you'd want to split up the searches and work together?  I have a color laser all in one.  So I don't actually need scan copy fax in a new printer.

Here are a couple I found with good reviews on youtube that I want to learn more about before I decide

I was most interested in the 7720 but not sure it's worth the extra money for the larger scanner bed.  I did not look at comparisons of the print quality.

7840 the replacement for the 7720 does not scan as large is $299 or less depending on where you find it and I did find a CIS for it... https://www.inkxpro.com/searchresults.asp?Search=CIS+WF+7840&Submit=

My email if we should do this off the group is wendiolmstead@...

On 07/06/2021 9:20 PM Liz Ackerman <ackerliz@...> wrote:

Here is a list of Epson printers that can be used for sublimation:

Which Epson printers can I convert for sublimation printing?

We support the following printer models with sublimation inks, cartridges and/or bulk refillable cartridges, and sublimation transfer paper:-

Epson Photo 1400, 2200, R2400, R2880, R3000

Epson Artisan 1430

Epson ET-15000

Epson Stylus Pro 3800, 3880, 4000, 4800, 4880, 4900, 7600, 7700, 7800, 7880, 7890, 7900, 9600, 9700, 9800, 9880, 9890, 9900, 10000, 10600.

Epson SureColor T3170x.

Epson SureColor T3000, T3270, T5000, T5270, T7000, T7270.

Epson SureColor F6070, F6200, F7070, F7170, F7200, F9200

From the absoluteinkject.com website.

Liz

On 7/6/2021 3:48 PM, lukenessling@... wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I’m in desperate need of some good advice/feedback/opinions. 2 Questions

Has anyone used the Epson 7840 printer?  What are your thoughts?  How costly is the ink?

I see I can purchase the Epson 7720 for about $450 on EBay - it’s over $700 on Amazon.  Is this printer worth it? How is the quality?  Can it print on 80lb card stock?

Julie, I know you have the 7720 - is the cost worth it?

Has anyone used the Canon super tanks?  Thoughts? Quality?

 I have a laser printer for B&W printing.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.  It is so confusing trying to decide between Epson, Canon - the one thing I do know is I want either CIS or mega tanks or ecotank in supply….

Kelly

On Jun 24, 2021, at 1:48 PM, Diane Bove <1cardcreator@...> wrote:

Hi,
The Epson now has a 7750 large format (11x17) 5 color mega tank printer. I have the Epson 4760 mega tank and I love it. Surprising quality with only 4 colors. This replaced my Cannon Pro 100 that had 8 dye based inks. The CIS was not available when I bought that one, large format up to 11x17 but 12x12 was not not borderless, if I remember right. Beautiful prints, but so does the Epson 4760. My past experiences with Epson printers gave me beautiful vibrant prints but cardstock and photo paper had an imaginary paper jam. Printer wouldn’t go forward till paper jam was cleared but there was never a jam. I found it frustrating to go through all the steps to clear a non existent jam. 2 different Epsons did that, that’s why I switched to Cannon. I bought refillable inks for Cannon, lasted 2 years, I went away and didn’t print for 6 weeks, came back and had all sorts of problems with it one color wouldn’t print along with other issues.
The only reason I bought another Epson is because I caught it on sale for $299.00, bought it for my daughter who is a teacher. She was going into school every night to print something, I thought she’d have more time with her family if she could print from home. She printed mostly paper, not cardstock or photo so I thought jams wouldn’t effect her. She loved it, she also had no problems with cardstock. I paid $50.00 more for mine, $350.00, but worth every penny. Never jams, I’ve had it 2 years and just refilled some inks. I love mine too.
Hope this helps.

~Diane.

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 7:26 PM, Graham Toal <gtoal@...> wrote:

The Ecotank/Megatank/SmartTank etc printers are effectively CIS systems from the manufacturers - I have one and it doesn't appear to have any sort of DRM on the refills. However I haven't yet found a wide-body printer in that style. Print quality is acceptable but my 7850 is head and shoulders above any of the other printers I have or have had in the past - it was a major blow when they stopped making the high quality photo inks for that printer.

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 5:24 PM Julie Flanagan < craftymusician@...> wrote:
I have used CIS systems with my Epson printers for at least 16 years. Epson and Cannon are the main types of printers that can use CIS systems. Epson tries to block the use of these systems on all of their new printers. So you usually have to wait about a year until a CIS system is available for a particular printer.