Re: Cricut Design Space Changes Coming

SueKaye

This is just another reason to avoid purchasing another product from this company.    I too design my own files and use MTC (the new to create and old version to cut to my old machine)   I am going to write them and voice my opinion…

Thanks for the heads up Julie

From: main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io [mailto:main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io] On Behalf Of Julie Flanagan
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 11:26 PM
To: main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io
Subject: [MTC-Tuts] Cricut Design Space Changes Coming

Changes coming to Cricut Design Space-Good and BAD! Cricut Design Space will soon be adding an offset feature (AKA outline, shadow layer). This is a good, long overdue feature. Now for the BAD new feature. If you do not purchase their membership plan, Cricut Access, you will be limited to uploading ONLY 20 of your own designs from other software per month. This is a problem for me, and for many people who share free designs with Cricut Design Space users. All users who collect free SVG files to use with their Cricut Explore or Maker machines will be limited to using only up to 20 of those designs per month, or be forced to pay for a subscription. I don't need access to Cricut designs, because I design my own. But if I want to cut them on my Expore or Maker I have to use their software. Now they want to force me to PAY to cut more than 20 of my own designs per month?

I hope there will be an uprising among Cricut users to stop this foolishness!!!!!! I suspect that this is illegal. People should be able to cut their own designs on machines that they purchased without having to pay for a subscription. Especially since there is no other software that allowed to cut to these machines.

I already feel like a slave to illegal mask mandates and lockdowns. This new Cricut policy smacks of further control that I cannot tolerate.

What do you think? If this new policy bothers you, I hope you will join me in complaining to Cricut.