Re: Files for this group

Julie Flanagan

To export anything from the MTC screen, you must first select all or the portion of the design that you wish to export. Use Ctrl+A to select all. If nothing is selected, then most likely the design is locked. To unlock, go to the gold lock icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Click on it and select Unlock All. Now you should be able to Select All using Ctrl+A. Now Export as SVG (Ctrl+Shift+S). Then you can save the SVG file to your computer. 

You will find step-by-step, illustrated, printable tutorials to help you with all basic functions in the MTC Software in the Files section of this group, here: https://mtc-tuts.groups.io/g/main/files/02_Basic%20Lessons

Julie

On 12/21/2020 8:44 PM christine prato <chrisrn44@...> wrote:

Ok, so when I go into MTC gallery and download a design from there, it goes straight to MTC screen.  I cannot export it anywhere other than that.   I am including attachments of pictures of what I am doing and what I get.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 6:48 PM Julie Flanagan < craftymusician@...> wrote:
Download the files to your computer, and extract all. Then you can open them in Make The Cut software or Import into Sure Cuts A Lot5. You will not be able to import the individual files into the MTC Gallery.

You CAN download and install the MTC Thumbnail Viewer to preview the MTC files in the folders on your computer. http://www.make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx

Julie
On 12/21/2020 6:13 PM Pamela Rezach via groups.io <pamela.rezach= yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Do we download these to our computer and then import the individual files into MTC when we want to use them? Is it possible to import them into the MTC gallery for quick and easy access?

On Dec 20, 2020 11:12 PM, Julie Flanagan < craftymusician@...> wrote:
Sandy McCauley has posted archived MTC Gallery files for FREE download. Most of the Make The Cut Gallery files are  here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByDca_cRz35gb29GMFpNekhWY3M
P opup Card Studio Gallery files are available for FREE download in SVG format 

Diana Tunnicliff (AKA Di-lite) contributed over 1000 files to the MTC Gallery. She now posts regularly to her Google drive
you are in for some great free cutter files. There are thousands upon thousands of FREE designs. Her most recent additions are  Festive/ Shadows/ Box cards. Right click on the Box cards folder, then click on Download. All the files in that folder will be zipped, and you can download to your computer. Double click the downloaded file and select Extract All. Then import into your favorite cutter software. There are lots of other festive design here. She includes files in MTC and SVG formats.

Julie

On 12/20/2020 3:51 AM Pamela Rezach via groups.io <pamela.rezach= yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Julie, Can anyone give us an idea concerning how to find the files that remain in MTC's library? I would like to find at least one image that is still in there to see if I can get it to upload into MTC. This would let me (us) know if this is my (our) specific problem in getting the blank page.

Thanks for your help!!

On Dec 19, 2020 2:39 PM, Julie Flanagan < craftymusician@...> wrote:
Actually, there is still lots of support for Make The Cut, although not from the developer. This group supports Make The Cut, the Make the Cut Forum is still available, There are Facebook groups that support it, and hundreds of Webinar Videos are available on Vimeo along with a searchable database to help you find the webinar topics that cover your questions. I have many YouTube videos covering Make The Cut, and this group has over a thousand pages of step-by-step, illustrated, graded, printable tutorials to help you learn to use Make The Cut. 

You can still download the free trial version to give it a try. 

The main things that we are having difficulty with right now are recovering lost registration keys and about half of the software Gallery is not working. Newer cutters are not supported. However, if you have your registration key, Make The Cut is still very competitive software with advanced editing features that other software does not have. It allows you to import many file types, and export SVG files for use in other software. 

If you ever purchased Make The Cut, and have saved your registration key in a safe place, you can download the latest version for free, and enjoy all of its great features. You can also use Make The Cut 4.1.0 to cut to your older Cricut Legacy machines. 

Julie
On 12/19/2020 6:32 AM dusty dusty < dusty8232@...> wrote:

How can the company still sale MTC when there is no longer any support?

--
 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Join main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.