Re: Files for this group

Julie Flanagan

You can click on the Import icon at the top of the SCAL5 screen, or go to File>Import, find the MTC file you wish to import, and select it. 

Julie

On 12/20/2020 6:05 PM christine prato <chrisrn44@...> wrote:

How do I import files from MTC to SCAL5?   I clicked on import but MTC does not show up at all.  I have all 3 of the cutting programs -- MTC, SCAL5, and PCS.
This is where I am illiterate to a fault.
Chris

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 3:21 PM mprzybelski < mprzybelski@...> wrote:
Thank you for the information. I’m going to look into that!
> On Dec 20, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Liz Ackerman < ackerliz@...> wrote:
>
> SCAL 5 along with a third party plugin available on the internet can be made to work with the Cricut cutters that early MTC and SCAL supported.
>
> SCAL 5 can import MTC files. Then when you have the MTC file on your mat, you would export it to SVG format. No bulk file conversion utility right now. Maybe some day???? Hopeful!
>
> SCAL supports many cutters so I think it is about as future proof as you can get. The Developer continues to support more cutters, updates as bugs are found in the software.
>
> There is an upgrade price for SCAL, so if you have an earlier version you would pay for the upgrade price. If you don't have early SCAL version info, there's a place on the craftedge.com website to get that info emailed to you so the upgrade version will work.
>
> Hopefully there is something that can work for you.
>
> Liz
>
>> On 12/19/2020 5:11 PM, mprzybelski wrote:
>> Yes thank you I did.   But when I did it gave me the same information as was on the disc I purchased.  Feel disappointed that registration number wasn’t included like the serial numbers are when you purchase SCAL.  Unfortunately that is a old version and only works with the circuit which I no longer have.  Not sure what direction I’m going now
>>>> On Dec 19, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Liz Ackerman < ackerliz@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is the single most thing I don't like about the whole situation, that anyone that was/is unfortunate enough to lose this information isn't able to recover it.
>>>
>>> Did you see the document that has info on how you may possibly be able to salvage it?
>>>
>>> https://www.iloveknk.com/Support/Tutorials/Make-The-Cut/Retrieving-MTC-and-PCS-Registrations.pdf
>>>
>>>
>>>> On 12/19/2020 3:53 PM, mprzybelski wrote:
>>>> Tried recovering the registration but couldn’t.  I’m so disappointed I can’t use MTC anymore.  Wish there was some way Andy would let us get it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
>>> https://www.avg.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
> --
> Liz A.
>
>
>
>
>
>

--
 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes on Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life"   John 3:16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Join main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.