Re: My zing is dying

Elisabeth Bier

Brenda,
Please contact me directly at
E l i s a b e t h . b i e r at gmail . com

Take out the spaces between the letters and notice that my name is spelled with a s not a z.
Elisabeth

On Dec 12, 2020, at 10:58 AM, Brenda Bennett via groups.io <bea4him_true=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a Zing that I would sell. It is very slightly used. I could just never get the hang of it and bought a Cricut Maker instead, which I love.

Have a blessed day!

On Dec 11, 2020, at 10:38 PM, Elisabeth Bier <elisabeth.bier@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you so much.
I already own a Cameo, it was the first plotter I bought after my Cricut small (forgot the name for the little ones) and Expression.
Then I bought the zing and it worked fine for many years. The laser stopped working, so it was hard to cut. I bought one second hand and that one now stopped working, it does not cut any more.
I hate to throw good money after bad so am considering a new plotter.
I would not mind buying another second hand Zing from someone who does not use it much. That is so common, someone buys it, and does not use it.
Pazzles in the past always has had deals, but not this year?

Over the years you have spoken so highly of the Pazzles that I am seriously considering it. But it would require me to learn another soft ware program, grr.

I am NOT as tech savvy as you are, but not completely lost either.
For now my Silouette works with the plug in from MTC, and I do have the designer version of their software, just not installed on my current computer. I even found my “key”.

Since all I cut and probably will cut is cardstock and paper And a tiny bit vinyl, I’m probably fine for now. For print and cut I guess I have to learn Silouette designer software. Are you familiar with their pnc?

I love to be able to whip up cards and scrapbook pages so easily. For the grandkids, I love pnc, they don’t appreciate the svg piecing.

Thanks so much Julie

Elisabeth
On Dec 11, 2020, at 1:49 PM, Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@comcast.net> wrote:
I like to have perfect cuts. I test each machine I get for accuracy. Most machines do not cut accurately. I prefer Pazzles, because I can adjust the step size so that a 10" square on the screen cuts a perfect 10" on the mat. It is a multi-purpose cutter that is easy to use and ships with excellent software that allows import and export of SVG files and advanced editing features. It cuts with up to 1000 grams of pressure, so that it can cut a wide variety of media. I use this machine the most. Also, I can export my MTC designs as SVG, and those import into the Pazzles software at the correct size, and will imbed JPG images for print and cut. No Internet connection is required, unless I want to access the built in Image Gallery.

I like Scan N Cut because it cuts around printed media or stamps, etc. I really appreciate the wide format scanner. A SNC is worth it to me, if only for its scanning. I can scan and save images of my 12"x12" scrapbook pages. I can use this machine without a computer and without internet if needed. This is the first choice among our grandchildren.

The only machine that I have that will cut unstiffened fabric as well as very thin papers such as crepe, construction, tissue, etc. is the Cricut Maker with rotary tool. I HATE using their software, though. So I create my designs in other software, export as SVG and import into Cricut Design Space. For most other projects, I use my other cutters. Relies on a fast Internet speed on my end as well as on their server. Peak usage times make this a real pain at times. Software crashes are too common.

Silhouette Studio software does not work on my computer, and the Cameo features still use a very low cutting pressure of 210 grams with its main tool. Additional tools are required, and don't always work for cutting specialty media with its 2nd cutting head. Software fixes are needed before I will invest in another Cameo. You need to purchase a major upgrade to their Business edition if you want to export your own designs in SVG format. And opening SVG files requires a software upgrade to Designer Edition.

Julie

On 12/11/2020 11:18 AM Elisabeth Bier <elisabeth.bier@gmail.com> wrote:

I have two actually. I know that you Julie have a ton of different ones. I could perhaps send it in to be fixed, but that is very costly and I hate to throw good money after bad.

Which one do you recommend and why? Pazzles?

Elisabeth