Re: can't import at non-integer DPI... workaround?

Liz Ackerman

I am going to assume you are using a very early version of MTC that supported Cricut cutters AND gave the user the ability to change File => import DPI values of a graphic (changing the DPI does not successfully change the quality, as MTC is not a raster editing program). The last version of MTC does not have that feature, and as Julie stated it imports at the set rate of 90 DPI. Once you have imported an image, MTC has created a cutting path from it and you can make it any size you want using width and height values. The cutting process does not need dpi information - which is technology used in PRINTING images, not cutting them.

On 11/26/2020 10:34 PM, Graham Toal wrote:
I found an easier way to use this trick: I tell MTC that I'm importing at 254DPI, then I move the decimal point to multiply the sizes by 10.  Much easier than remembering the ratio between 25 and 25.4 :-)  Thanks again.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 7:38 PM Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:
After importing, select all (Ctrl+A). With the aspect ratio locked (gold icon showing on the width and height), enter the % increase that you need for the imported design to be the same as the original and press Enter. The design will resize.

We cannot change the import DPI, but we can change the design size by any percentage we choose.
_._,_._,_