Re: can't import at non-integer DPI... workaround?

Julie Flanagan

If you can copy the height and width of the original file, then you can resize to that exact size after import into MTC. You can resize by a specific % after import, if you care to do the math.

Julie

On 11/26/2020 4:37 PM Graham Toal <gtoal@...> wrote:

I have a file exported from Inkscape.  Its units are in mm, so when I try to set the dpi in MTC for an SVG import, I should be entering 25.4 units per inch - but the software only accepts whole numbers so I end up importing at 25 units per inch.

Assuming I can't change the import DPI to accept a decimal, is there a way to decrease the size of the imported SVG by exactly 1.5748% to correct it in MTC?  Other than dragging by hand and eye..?

thanks,

Graham
PS You guys probably know this already, but I've had this argument before in a different context, so just in case anyone says it was increased by 1.6% so should be decreased by 1.6%, that's not the math:

25.4     -> 100
25.0     -> 100*25.4/25.0 = 101.6%

so to correct, increase by   (101.6-100)/101.6 * 100  percent = -1.5748%

(It's the same as if you earn $100/day and get a 50% pay rise bringing you to $150/day.  To get reduced back to $100/day you would take a 33.333% pay cut, even though it was +$50 and then -$50 in absolute units.)