When using double cut, you need either less blade extension or less pressure, or both. If the 2nd pass did not cut directly over the 1st, that indicates that either your blade was out too far, or your pressure was too high, creating excess drag on the blade. Always do test cuts.

See this post.

Julie

On 09/20/2020 2:18 PM Lynn Cook via groups.io <bbddcrickie@...> wrote:

Julie,

I tried changing the start points on my rectangles and they cut perfectly!  I only did one pass and it still worked.  Thanks for your help….I still am curious if you should lower the blade length and pressure when you do more than one pass at the recommended settings.

Thanks,

Lynn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Julie Flanagan
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:34 PM
To: main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MTC-Tuts] Cutting a rectangle

Check that you are using an authentic blade in your machine. If you are using a third party blade, you will have this issue. Pazzles blades are 60 degree, all-purpose blades. If you use a 45 degree blade instead, you will end up with a chad at the beginning of the cut. You change the offset of the blade if you change the angle of the blade.

Julie

On 09/18/2020 8:32 AM Lynn Cook via groups.io <bbddcrickie@...> wrote:

Hopefully I'm posting my question to the right place as this is the first time I've posted since the group changed.

I am trying to cut a bunch of rectangles to use as card layers.  I pulled up a rectangle from the shapes file in MTC and made it the size I want it to be.  The cutter starts from the top left corner of the rectangle and goes right.  At the end of the cut, it appears that the blade stops a hair before it reaches the beginning point and makes a tiny cut just a hair to the right.  This leaves a little piece hanging.  I hope this makes sense.  It wouldn't be so bad if it just stopped a hair before the end--I could just use my xacto knife to cut it but it seems to make that little jump to the right.  Any suggestions would be helpful.