Re: Cutting a rectangle

Julie Flanagan

Check that you are using an authentic blade in your machine. If you are using a third party blade, you will have this issue. Pazzles blades are 60 degree, all-purpose blades. If you use a 45 degree blade instead, you will end up with a chad at the beginning of the cut. You change the offset of the blade if you change the angle of the blade.

Julie

On 09/18/2020 8:32 AM Lynn Cook via groups.io <bbddcrickie@...> wrote:

Hopefully I'm posting my question to the right place as this is the first time I've posted since the group changed.

I am trying to cut a bunch of rectangles to use as card layers.  I pulled up a rectangle from the shapes file in MTC and made it the size I want it to be.  The cutter starts from the top left corner of the rectangle and goes right.  At the end of the cut, it appears that the blade stops a hair before it reaches the beginning point and makes a tiny cut just a hair to the right.  This leaves a little piece hanging.  I hope this makes sense.  It wouldn't be so bad if it just stopped a hair before the end--I could just use my xacto knife to cut it but it seems to make that little jump to the right.  Any suggestions would be helpful.