Re: Cutting a rectangle

Julie Flanagan

Yes, there is a way to change the settings. But I recommend that you not change the settings. Instead select two passes for cutting. This way the blade will not lift before doing the 2nd pass. There will be no small chads.

On 09/20/2020 10:05 AM Lynn Cook via groups.io <bbddcrickie@...> wrote:

I used Make the Cut and the Pazzles Invue software and got the same results.  I prefer MTC.  Anyway, so I have a Pazzles Invue and I use the Pazzles brand standard blade. I use Neenah 80 lb paper, select the Cardstock (Thick) and the suggested blade length of 3-1/2, pressure 23. I’ve never used blade offset….don’t even know where to look for that. Do you know if Pazzles has an overcut option?

Thanks,

Lynn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Liz Ackerman
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:14 AM
To: main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MTC-Tuts] Cutting a rectangle

I gather you may be using Make The Cut!?

If so what is your cutter? Most cutters have an adjustment on the Overcut....this allows the blade to advance past the spot where it started to ensure that the cut is complete. I think sometimes the wrong blade offset could also be the problem – so what cutter, what is blade offset, what blade are you using, what pressure?

If your cutter doesn’t have an Overcut option, you can overcome this quirk by choosing a multicut, a multicut of 2 would ensure that the shapes are fully cut out.

Hope that helps!

Liz