Re: Cameo 4 or Brother cut and scan

Julie Flanagan

One suggestion to fix the connectivity issue of Cameo 1 is to connect Cameo with computer via a USB 2 hub. Additional instructions for fixing the issue are posted here:  https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq/solution/machine-cannot-connect-to-silhouette-studio-software

You may not need to purchase a new cutter, unless you particularly want one. Since the most recent version Silhouette Studio does not work on my Windows 10 computer, I will not purchase a Silhouette Cameo4, which requires use of the new software. You might want to download the free Silhouette Studio software to see how it works for you.

Personally, I prefer using my Scan N Cut over my Cameo for what I do. You will need to evaluate your personal needs in order to select the best machine for you.

When I want to cut around a printed or stamped image, I find the Scan N Cut is more practical.

Julie

On June 2, 2020 at 12:01 PM "Jstfrmnita via groups.io" <jstfrmnita@...> wrote:

My silhouette will not connect to my computer any more. It is one of the first cameos so it is having trouble with Windows 10. I am considering purchasing a cameo 4 or a brother cut and scan, don't know which is the best. I would like someone to direct me to where I can find the information for comparison? I have an explore air 2, so would only want this to cut out stamped items (with the pixscan) or other things that are already printed.  I don't know how to do that on the cricut nor can I find anyway to do that. Thanks. Anita