Re: Hot foil

Julie Flanagan

I tested the foil quill magnetic plate in the Pazzles Vue cutter. It worked. The magnets are very handy to use instead of having to tape down the foil.

However, if you want to cut out the shape, I recommend that you cut it out before foiling on the regular mat. The reason I think this is better is that if you foil first, then try to cut around the foiled sheet, you either have to remove the magnetic plate and try to get your paper perfectly aligned for cutting around the foiled image, or you end up cutting a bit into the magnetic plate. I don't think cutting into the magnetic plate or even scratching it like happens with our regular mats, is good for the blade or the plate.

The magnetic plate will work very well with the foil quill designed for hand use, because the magnets will nicely hold the foil into position while you draw. If you are tracing using a light box, then you would not use the magnetic plate, as it would block the light.

If you are foiling a very complex mandala, use the slowest speed. Make sure that you use the pen spacing tool to get the tip of the foil quill in the holder at the correct height. Also, be sure to tighten the clamp securely around the quill holder so that it doesn't slip up during the foiling process.

Julie

On March 8, 2020 at 8:09 AM Julie Flanagan <craftymusician@...> wrote:

I do have it, and will give it a try today. I do not see why we should not be able to use it for quilling with the foil quill.

Julie
On March 8, 2020 at 4:15 AM "Lynn Cook via Groups.Io" <bbddcrickie@...> wrote:

Julie,

Sometime ago I asked you if the foil quill magnetic mat was safe to use in the Pazzles InVue and you said you had one on order.  So have you tried it yet?

Lynn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10