Re: How to keep the cutting mat sticky ?

Cindy Martinez <ciloma@...>

I love the idea of the re-nu sheets to revive the mat. I bought some and used one - loved it until I pulled my project off of the mat. Bunches and bunches of the glue dots came off the mat along with my project. I followed the instructions and used pressure when I stuck the re-nu sheet to the mat. Perhaps I did not use enough pressure? If anyone has some helpful tips for me, I would greatly appreciate them.

Health and Blessings,
Cindy

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Betty Higginbottom <b.higginbottom1@...> wrote:

I’m going to have to  try and work something out for mine because I  always had Craft Robo  with the A4 mats and  put mine through the Xyron to re sticky it  but that’s A4 and the Cameo which I have now is 12 X 12.

I have idea’s in my head but until I need to  redo  it I won’t know if it works LOL

Best  wishes

Betty Higginbottom (AKA Yorkie Bear)

From: MTC_Tuts@... [mailto:MTC_Tuts@...] On Behalf Of craftymusician@...
Sent: 19 April 2012 19:50
To: MTC Tuts
Subject: Re: [MTC_Tuts] Re: How to keep the cutting mat sticky ?

I think the wipes and lint roller are great for removing extra debris from the mats, especially in dry, dusty environments, or for removing pet hair, etc. All of these little bits do hinder the affectiveness of the mat adhesive. Keeping your mats covered with their original covers when not in use can help extend the life of your mat adhesive. 

Wipes and lint rollers don't seem to help renew stickiness much  in our humid environment, though. There is a point when the adhesive itself does need to be renewed. At that point, try one of the suggestions included in the document called  I.09_Mat Care.pdf   posted in the Group's Introductory Lessons folder of the Files section.

To: "MTC Tuts" <MTC_Tuts@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:38:20 AM
Subject: RE: [MTC_Tuts] Re: How to keep the cutting mat sticky  ?

I use one of those “Lint Rollers” on mine, I always have  done and they seem just as good.

Best  wishes

Betty Higginbottom (AKA Yorkie Bear)

From: MTC_Tuts@... [mailto:MTC_Tuts@...] On Behalf Of SLJ42LUV@...
Sent: 19 April 2012 18:48
To: MTC_Tuts@...
Subject: Re: [MTC_Tuts] Re: How to keep the cutting mat sticky ?

Is this any type of baby wipe or a particular brand??

WARNING...if the baby wipes have lanolin in them it will cause your paper to NOT stick after you use them.  Get the ones at the dollar store.  They do not have lanolin.
Sherri

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4946 - Release Date: 04/19/12

--
"Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths." – Lois Wyse

Join main@MTC-Tuts.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.